How long does the process of getting a boyfriend/girlfriend/relationship take?

I never dated in high school so, I am completely lost. I have only recently tried to date. I am almost 21 and I've only used onlide dating so far. I have never met a guy organically. The problem is that they ususally lose intrest before our first date happens (yes even when they ask me out on one). This is usually after a month or two of talking.
Now, currently the one guy that I finally seems to really like me still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. It's been 7 months.
I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on a lot of factors.

In general, I'd say getting a boyfriend is MUCH easier and faster for women, than getting a girlfriend is for a man.

• Instead of waiting for him to ask you to be his girlfriend, you ask him to be your boyfriend.

• You don't think that will scare him away?

• No, why would it? If he is a sensible guy, he won;t be scared. But if he does get scared, then you're better off without someone like him anyway. So it's a win-win situation for you.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on whether you find the right person :P

• Chu! Chu! Chukuchuku! Chu! Chu!

You're about to miss it. lol

• Using the word "organically" in this context may have something to do with it.

• So, I should try meeting guys in person (classmates co-workers etc .) instead of dating sites is what you're saying?

• No doubt. Think about it- at a restaurant with a huge menu you take forever to decide- small menu Mars it easier to choose.

• I guess I just get scared because it's hard to tell if someone is attracted you in person.

What Girls Said 0