Guys, Why is my boyfriend getting mad at me just because I want to go out with my friends for once?

Okay so last weekend on Friday , I was invited to go to the beach with some friends and I ask my boyfriend if he would like to join us but he tells me he can't because soemthing happened with his dad's car that he has to take care of so I say okay maybe next time, And he gets upset because I still go out with my friends and the next day he texted me saying how he wanted to take me out to the movies but he never said that on Friday so I didn't know and he told me about his dad's car so I don't get why he's upset with me enjoying myself with some friends from school. And it's not like he hangs out with me all the time, he only sees me when he's not "busy". Which he is busy 99% of the time. So what's up, is this a guy thing or what?

5

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• He needs a different gf. Do you have time to baby sit him.

• If he was too busy to go to the beach with you how would he not be too busy to go to the movies. Sounds like he's lying.

• Yeah that's what I'm thinking and before when he couldn't go out somewhere I used to just stay home and now I'm tired of that and I wanna enjoy hanging out with friends and I do ask him everytime I do, something always happens, I could understand when he worls and his grandma at the hospital but anything else sounds suspicious.

• 1. He is worried that you might start liking someone else.

2. He is making up crap for some stupid reason = break up with him.

• Well it's not likely because they were all couples there and he knows them and also it's not the first time he's given me an excuse to why he doesn't want to hang even if it's just me and him.

• Do you friends hang out with a lot of guys at the beach? If so that would be why.

• I'll admit yes but they all brought their girlfriends with them and he knows them all so I just don't get why he would get mad.