Is it okay to just put it out on the table and ask a guy out?

I've been talking to this guy for four months. We've only hung out once at a gaming convention which is where I met him. We hit it off immediately and skyped nonstop for a month. He would say things about how he wants to meet my parents and would tell me he'd take me out to eat sometime. However, he's never acted upon this and I've waited for him to ask me. I even tried not communicating with him for a whole week, and it got his attention, but then it's like once he's got me talking to him again he ignores me. I will say he has a full time job and is a full time student. My mother always tells me I can never ask a guy out because it will come out as aggressive and too forward. Should I be afraid of scaring him off by such things like double texting and asking him to hang out?

Most Helpful Guy

• " I even tried not communicating with him for a whole week" yeah thats bad, don't do that stuff!

Your mom is giving you the same old advice a lot of mothers keep giving to their daughters. it's time we got over this already. Go ahead and just ask him out.

What Guys Said 3

• Sure, you should do that.

• Go for it! He's just shy. or he is oblivious to your feelings. It sure would've helped me out a few times if a girl asked me out. Sometimes a guy likes a gal A lot and has a hard time reading or picking up on the vibes, and might assume he is in a friend zone. So he dosent act. I think this is a similar predicament.

• its fine to ask a guy out but do it in person and dont be forceful about it, some young guys are to nervous and kind of want to wait for the girl to ask. how old is he if you dont mind me asking?

• He just turned 20, only two years older than me

• go for it

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, go for it.