Will making him a little jealous by bringing another guy get him to try harder/ get more serious about me? good idea or no?

We have been out on a few dates, have been hanging out, hooking up and talking for almost 3 months now. But the problem is over those last 3 months we have been far from eachother because I'm away at school, about two hours away, but now I'm moving back to the city where he is so we're going to be close by. I asked him what he thought about me recently and he said that he thinks I'm a cool girl to hangout with and thinks we really hit it off. I have really started to like him and I want to see where things could go between us. There's a lot of sexual attraction, he literally cannot keep his hands off me. But we do also have a lot of good conversations and fun together too. But I don't feel he's making an effort really to make anything of it. I don't know if its because of the distance, but still he could have made an effort. I'm going to a footall game with my friends and he is the brother of my good friend, so she said he's coming too, but Im bringing someone else I started talking too. What do you think his reaction would be? should I bring the other guy? I kind of want to make him a little jealous, so hell try harder maybe? good idea or no? its not like were together so...

Most Helpful Guy

• It might work, but there's also a chance he sees that and says "time to move on"

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• It's a bad idea. Playing games never works out because you don't know what his reaction will be. He might see the other guy and assume for you it's a casual thing with him and so he'll start hanging out with other girls too. Or he might like you and see you with another dude and feel betrayed, like you're cheating or something and then dump you altogether. It's really not worth it. And just because the idea of him being jealous is ego boosting or some assumed indicator of his feelings, that's just a stupid fantasy instilled by pop culture. That isn't real. Think about it, put yourself in his shoes. If he showed up with another girl how would you feel? Wouldn't you just feel hurt or disappointed rather than jealous and trying harder?