Is it possible to become better looking as you age?

I always though that you had to be born good looking and you were stuck with either being good looking or ugly. I was always bullied by girls way back when because of my looks ( I was the skinny awkward kid) I moved away for some years. I'm a very resverved person and I rarely talk to anyone but I do try to be polite and nice. After all my years of being disliked I kinda formed some barriers and have no close friends aside from family members.

I spent this past year weight lifting and doing martial arts for my self esteem and I gained about 27 pounds. I had to go back to my other neiboorhood and to my susprize some of the girls that used to call me ugly even asked me for my number and saying how I "look good"

I never had a girlfriend or had sex and I'm 26 almost 27. I really don't understand and of course I want nothing to do with any of those girls but this confuses me to no end. I look at myself in the miror and I don't see a good looking person or any mayor changes to my appearance then why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is possible to look better when you're older. I've seen many guys or celebrities who didn't use to look good when they were younger but turned out pretty hot in their 30s. Take Robert Dwney Jr for instance:

i.huffpost.com/.../o-ROBERT-DOWNEY-JR-570.jpg?6

And u actually look pretty good.. u shouldn't worry about that. I'm sure you're gonna look even better when you're older!

• I'm working on that but thats weird as hell since I"bloomed" after 25 maybe its the extra muscle

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it's possible to become prettier as you age.

• Wow, well I really respect you for who you are. You seem so upfront and honest, and a down to earth type of guy! :) it's okay to still be a virgin. The lower your number the better. :)

• It is possible.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah it is possible... I know a lot of people that became better looking when they got older

• Yeah that's very possible.

• For guys. Yes it is more likely. Women also but to a far lesser extent since most don't actively engage in physical activity.

• Yes, very much so.