Why do girls like beard?

Not trashing my follow guys who like them but I personally thnk beards are disgusting as hell. I would preffer to be clean shaven over having a bush stinking up my face. Do women really find this attractive or is it just a fad?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• I do not like beards much at all. :)

• It makes them look rugged and more sexy for some. I like 5 o'clock shadows. Since I have a slight fascination with men's jaws (triangular and square ones are the BEST), I wouldn't like them to be completely hidden from view.

And some guys simply look better with a beard that's "growing in" than one that's simply grown.

• Certain men look uber cool and are HAF with a nicely trimmed beard.

• I don't like it that much... I prefer clean shaven guy or stubble

• If it's maintained beards can be nice... I like some stubble to be honest.

• I like them on men who can pull them off. Others just look more appealing shaved.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes they do like them--if you maintain it well (if it is "stinking" then you are doing something disastrously wrong). It also depends upon your facial features. Some faces are much improved by facial hair, others not so much.

Facial hair is linked to healthy testosterone production--which should go without saying is appealing to women because of reproductive health.

Fad? It goes in and out in terms of fashion, but there are always women who like it and those who don't.

If clean shaven works for you, cool. Whatever works.

• I'm asking if its a fad because five years ago girls where all like "bread are disgusting AF" and now they are all like " OMG that hipster dude with the bears is totally Fng hot I'ma go blow him"

• It goes in and out of mainstream fashion regularly. If you are the type who likes to dress in a trendy way or to date women who are trendy, then it might matter a little bit. If you like to dress with a more timeless edge, then it doesn't matter.

Personally, my attitude is this: I think I look better with facial hair and I'm going to grow it out whether it is in fashion or not. The girls who don't like facial hair don't have to date me. The ones who do like it will get to enjoy it.

• Yeah, beards are not a good look unless you're a desert prophet. Plus they make you look like 10 years older. (But don't tell the ISIS guys I said that.)

• Lol can't answer,

But I've gotta have a beard to hide my weak chin. If I had a more manly chin I'd be clean shaven.

Beards don't stink up your face though if you face if you keep them clean. Just like any other hair on your body.

• Not every beard is attractive. Some people can't grow a beard properly. Other can pull it off and it enhance their face.

If your beard is "stinking up my face", there something wrong with you bro.

• I never had or never will have a beard but some of my bros have bears and they have this funky smell to them

• Most women don't because it prickles their face when they try to kiss.

• They think it's manly. Masculine. Sometimes it reminds me of overgrown pubes. Sometimes.