He blocked me, did I overreact?

I was really into this guy got on really well but on meeting he decided he just wanted to be friends so I tried anyway months down the line we'd talk on and off then one day I say hi how's you, he message back having a wank lol you? I message him why would you tell me that I only asked how you are, bit of a dick move isn't it? He message me it was only a joke Jesus christ. Before I could apologise for overreacting he blocked me so I apologised to him on FB and he blocked me on there too. I'm really upset about it Coz I feel like I've lost him completely now and can never talk to him again over that. Is there anything I can do?

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't overreact. He did in my opinion.

You two haven't been talking for awhile so I can understand why you would be confused by why he would simply say something like that out of the blue.

He's an "insecure wanker". You shouldn't feel upset, because you were justified in your actions. He though comes off like a fool. :)

What Guys Said 3

• The only thing I could imagine is: where you can (for example on FB) post a general message that you may have been misjudging recently when trying to contact people and that if you would have upset anyone you're sincerely sorry.
    Maybe that could trigger a reaction. You never know :-)

• No, you didn't overreact. And just let him go, you deserve better.

• No guy would say that seriously, it might have been crude but still a joke.
    Nothing for you to do, he made sure of that by blocking you. Just move on.

• Yeh I get that it was a joke and I tried to apologise for overreacting but he just blocked me I feel crap about it. I only wanted to talk and have now lost him

• He acted immaturely by blocking so fast. No need to feel like crap.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he was super thin skinned, Willow42, and may Himself-----Overreacted.
    Don't take it to heart, so don't fall apart. In wanting to be friends, it doesn't sound like this friendship was going anywhere. He sounded a bit too trivial so move on and just consider him a Fair weather friend now.
    It's not to say that he could change like the weather and Unblock you in the future.
    Good luck. xx