How to dance romantically with my girlfriend alone?

My girlfriend recently had her senior prom. I, sadly, could not attend because I attend university out-of-state. She was able to bring a gay friend as her date (I am very thankful he stepped in).

The issue is that I feel terrible about not being there. I believe that was my job as her boyfriend to take her to prom. And I want to make up for it the best I can.

I am not a dancer. I never went to dances in high school because of the discomfort I feel in those situations. For her, I am finally willing to step out of that comfort zone. She knows all of this.

Anyway, considering where we are from, there are no big dance events or public dance things. So I want to step up my game and set up a romantic dance with her alone.

I would love ideas on location for this dance, how to surprise her with it, and how to make it insanely romantic.

Oh yeah. She LOVES cheesy romance. And I am usually good at it. But considering she knows my aversion to dancing, I firmly believe this will catch her by surprise in the best of ways.

Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you set up the place like a prom. Then, invite some friends and their dates.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell her to get dressed up and be ready
    Show up at her house with a tux and dance the night away in her living room.. or bring her back to your place and do it there.

• I imagine this would work without a tux XD. Any other details to lead up to it or for after (non sexual)

• Of course it would work without lol I just suggested that since you came up with the idea because of prom haha
      Make it mysterious... drop some hints like: "There's something I should have done a long time ago and tonight I want to fix it, so I want you to get all dressed up and I'll pick you up at (time)

Or... you can give her small things that lead up to it. Like every day, you leave a rose and a clue for 12 days and the last day she finds you somewhere with a poster saying "prom with me" lol feel free to expand.

• I like the notes and hints. Thank you very much!