How many guys and girls do you think are missing opportunities to be with someone they like because they never try?

Do you think it's a lot?

• A few
  • Some
  • a lot

Most Helpful Guy

• Many, MANY people are. My buddy was asking me "how do you act so calm and natural around girls, even the stunning ones", so I tried to prove a point by asking him what his problem was with being normal around girls.

I asked him to point out a girl in the area that he thought was attractive and would talk to if he "was like me". He pointed one out, but then I told him to go talk to her. He said "but what if she has a boyfriend?". I said 'So? Neither of us know, so go over and find out'.

He didn't because he was all psyched up. Between this and just the fear/anxiety of trying to talk to someone you're attracted to, people miss so many opportunities by making excuses and not dealing with their issues.

• Then how do most people eventually end up in a relationship?

• Friendships to relationships?

• Something like that. If two people are attracted to each other from the get-go, then it might be a friendship but both want it to be more at some point, so it's never really just a friendship.

What Girls Said 4

• A lot of people. I could be missing an opportunity with this guy I have fallen head over heels with because I can't bring myself to truly tell him how I feel. I know that he probably returns some of the feelings, but it's not enough for him to actually be with me. The problem? He's got a girlfriend. Welp, time to move on to the NEXT missed opportunity.

• Sorry asker, I incidentally clicked 'some' because I really hate to stand the fact that I missed LOTS of them.

Sometimes we fear the possibilities of failure before it even begins. Even worse, when knowing that person actually liked you back but moved on because of my lack of action.

• A lot of people

• Definitely a lot.

What Guys Said 4

• hm... most of them i believe basically!

• All the time, because boys ands girls are stupid and would rather just stare at each other for hours or ask questions about whether so and so likes them instead of just standing up, walking over to them and asking them out

• Lol. Why?

• I'd like to think that as I get older I'll still have plenty of choices to choose from whatever age group I'm in

• I voted a lot.

• a lot of people don't really try a lot I find, things often just don't go anywhere and I felt no one really tried very hard to make something happen , some people just feel things are suppose to happen and they don't have to do anything

• more people come along , maybe learn from mistakes and eventually try harder to get with someone they want to more than others.