Does crushing for someone for more than a year usually pays off at the end?

Like.. You been crushing on this person for a really really long time.. And you simply can't let go of that person.. And they know how you feel about them.. Does this persistency pays off in the end?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it doesn't. Trust me young man, I've been there. The record isn't looking too good.

When it comes to crushes, you want to BE on the train as it leaves the station. If you're not, then the timing is messed up and you're sitting there romanticizing about an idea, when the actual person is long gone and probably getting railed by Josh the shredded skater with weed connections.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry honey but no. Move on LIKE really move on. If you ever had a chance sometimes it takes her seeing you with a quality girl to realize what was under her nose. Either way you are wasting your high school years in this empty pursuit when you could be building memories with the other girls you'll carry with you for a lifetime. Make sense?

• Yes it makes sense.. I was thinking of giving up the fight a while ago but I just couldn't... She told me she likes me.. I asked her out a while back but she said she needed time.. Hmm I think it was Monday last week I was in the hallway with her talking and one of her friends asked her if I was her boyfriend.. She smiled and said "not yet". I really like this girl.. My intentions are clear to her, she doesn't back off in my advances, we flirt and stuff.. But on the flip side I let her do her.. Give her the space that she says she needs and I do me.. But I was just curious on the matter of the question I posted because I have this friend that her now boyfriend had a crush on my friend for two years.. And she said she wouldn't ever date him. And now she deeply in love with him

• If she isn't seeing anyone and you think things are progressing then that is different. Would you be her first boyfriend? Does she show the same interest to other guys that she shows in you?

• Not first boyfriend.. And no she isn't like that to other people.. She barely talks to other guys.. She only does when they approach her but she is being polite by having a small talk.. She told me on Monday as well she doesn't talk to any other guy but me..

• You and I are in the same damn spot. Personally I think you should hold on! It will pay off when she is yours. Unless she is an attention whore.

• Sucks to be in this position huh

• Lol I have known him for four years and dated him. What more do I have to do? And also your persistentness shows you are committed which is great to have in a relationship. Aight bro but if you think you got too much haters and you wanna talk about her or anything (minus sex, I do not talk about that. Not my thing) message me at any time.

• Four years? Ooww nvm haha then he just make you nervous period lol you really like that person..
      Send you really care about him and hopefully he realizes it
      And okay no problem.. And lol don't worry... Talking about that thing it's not my thing either haha

• Well it usually depends, if you do something about it or not. Admiring from afar? Usually doesn't get you anywhere. If you take action and start doing things to progress the relationship further, it can be worth it in the end

• almost never. you've waited way too long.

• No no crushed on a guy for 3 years. He found out and did nothing

What Guys Said 5

• Pros: you might know them well enough so it'd be easier to ask them out and talk with them

Cons: they maybe gave up on liking you, they think you waited too long

Pretty sure my parents were friends/acquaintances for a year until my dad asked her to prom, then they started dating and now they've been married almost 25 years.

There's always hope. All you have to do is ask.

• I asked her out a while ago.. I made my intentions clear.. She told me she needed time.. And I been giving her that time.. However there's like 35days left of school and I'm starting to think that nothing will happen eventually.. But what I don't get is that she teases me trying to make me jealous and flirts with me.. She doesn't do this with other people just me.. She doesn't talk to anyone else as well..

• I'm almost in the same boat, but with the girl I'm pursuing we actually hung out twice. But I failed to ask her to prom, and it's this Saturday, so I think I'm too late.

Sigh.
      But yeah girls are complicated.

• No. Congratulations! \o/

• Nah man :/

• Most the time, no it does not pay off. Most girls I find are turned off by persistency

• Only if you go up to them and tell them it might.