-POLL- When does a couple start to lose feelings?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3-4 months and I'm starting to lose the jitters and affectionate feelings I had at the start of the relationship. I know that many people say that this is when couples start to lose feelings but I want your opinion. So, when does a couple start to lose feelings?

• 1 day- 1 Week
  • 1-2 Months
  • 3-4 Months
  • 5-6 Months
  • 7-8 Months
  • 9-10 Months
  • 1 or more years

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't lose feelings for each other. Most couples just become too relaxed in the relationship. You both need to continue doing things to keep the spark alive. If it becomes a struggle, then you're probably not with the right person. True love never dies.

• I think what the asker is referring to is the honeymoon stage

• I understand that. There still should remain a spark. It doesn't just go away. All the fun things and doing things to make each other usually do die down, but they shouldn't. As far as that feeling, it doesn't go away. 10 years down the road, you will still have those feelings for the person you are in love with. If she isn't feeling it, then he probably isn't "the one".

• *make each other happy...

What Guys Said 4

• For me it took about a month to lose the nervousness you talked about. But we've been together almost 30 years and I still think about her all the time. So I guess if you really don't like the person very much you start to realize it after about a month, but if you truly care for him/her, not much changes except the uncertainty of a new relationship goes away.

• It's not that the feelings go away for me it's that they change a little toward different emotions. Less nervous more pride and happiness.

• It depends.. In an average after 1 month.

• I agree. At the same time too there needs to be some understanding. For example, life gets tough and sometimes one side slows to the other... It's not that the spark goes out, but understanding when their is difficulty (e. g. new job or family stress).

• Depends on who the people are and how they ac. Like if the guy/girl was a drug addict I would dump them in a second but if he/she's nice and he/she loves you then you never lose the feeling

What Girls Said 2

• For a hot intense passionate affair 5 mths to a year.

If you take it slow and easy... Over a year. It just depends where you both are at in your life in cycles of maturation.

• By science proven! After a month or so the 'love feelings' go away. But! Those feelings can come back all over again.