Is it weird that my girlfriend and I both forget that were In an interracial relationship?

• yes
  • no
  • What's an interracial relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• No way. You just saw one another as people who you loved. As long as you respect one another's differences and experiences without erasing anyone for convenience it's not a problem at all. Plus it's YOUR relationship not OUR relationship. At the end of the day it only matters that you're both happy.

What Girls Said 5

• Why should it be weird? You're two people who find each other swell. If you really are into each other, then skin color or racial background shouldn't matter. And that's the case with you. So tell me, why should it be weird? It's great, that's what it is.

• No. If you're in an interracial relationship, you should see beyond race, at this point.
    My husband and I don't ignore our differences, but it's never really a talking point. It's just not that interesting. Lol.

• It's a beautiful thing! It means you look past all that superficial crap. <3

• that means love is love and you look past it :)

• No, my boyfriend and I are the same way. It rarely registers anymore, apart from other people's reactions sometimes.

• It's true. We do get a lot of funny looks but she also looks about 15 not 21

What Guys Said 6

• Voted A just to be a dick; I'd think that in today's society, the answer to that question would be obvious.

I'd find it more concerning if someone were constantly bringing up the fact that they're in an interracial relationship, while trying to make the case that they're "color blind" when it comes to relationships.

• Meant to press No because in my head I was thinking Yes it is good that you forget you are in an interracial relationship and feel you are just in a relationship.

• No. It just shows your comfortable around each other that race doesn't factor into the equation.

• You obviously haven't forgotten.

• I have most of the time. I only realize it when I'm with her family and can't identify any of the food that is safe to eat.

• Mmmmmmm food...

• No that's how it should be. I hate when people think their relationship is so special just because it's interracial

• Not at all when you love someone its easy to forget how old, their accent anything because you really don't care if they are different, you love them.