Girls, dating a 26 year old guy with a good job who lives at home?

Would you as a professional working women date a guy who was highly educated with a full time good paying job who was living at home and saving his money for a home (living in a very expensive city)?

What would be your impressions of this?

Concerns?

Would you prefer a guy who lives outside of home but when you get married have to wait an extra 5 or 7 years to buy a home or date a guy who lives at home until married?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• at 26 you need to be off the parents tit. I understand that you save more living at home, but still you are grown and you need to be independent and move out. part of being an adult is struggle. yes you will have to save money, you will have to sacrifice... I just don't see myself dating a guy like that because im a person who values independence, doing for myself and not depending on my parents so I don't think I could fully respect a guy who doesn't. its like you could move out, but you want the good life so you stay at home... yeah that's not a good enough reason for me

What Girls Said 6

• Yes. There's nothing wrong with that. He's still pretty young and he's working full time. Now as long as he has plans to move and is working toward that, sure why not but when he turns 30, he would have to be out of his mothers house by them. A 30 year old still at home, who's never been out on their own is not cool.

• I'm open to it; my boyfriend still lives at home and works full-time because his passion, fighting, is expensive doesn't make a lot of money for him yet. However, he demonstrates his independence in a lot of other ways. He's fully in control of his bills, his diet, his schedule, and is extremely dedicated and driven. This really helps with potential concerns about being non-committal or apathetic.
    Personally, I'm close with his family and don't mind him staying home if it means we can get married sooner. I've got my own goals and don't expect a picket fence. I think our generation is pretty open to the idea of passion > picket fence.

• If he lived on his own, with his parents , in a wheelie bin or a cardboard box, i'd date him if i liked him as a poential boyfriend

• I think it's quite smart to stay at home for a little longer and save all your money to buy a house. That means you'd be able to buy one much sooner... so in the future if I met a guy like that, I really wouldn't mind that he was still at home

• i dont mind at all. i can wait. we together can make money and buy nice home for future

• If I was single, I would date anyone that I was attracted to. It wouldn't bother me if he was still at home.