Girls, have you ever dated a guy very briefly and it got so intense that you dumped him?

And if you did, did you ever try to reach out to that same guy again later down the road, with the intention of potentially try to date him again?

As an example, maybe you met on an online dating site, talking for a month and got very personal and intimate, tons of chemistry and attraction, then you meet the guy and sleep with him, but you think things are going to fast so you claim you aren't ready, then you cut contact witht he guy. If something similar has happened to you, have you ever tried to start things again with that guy?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah... I have, but we never ever kissed or anything, he just kept proposing to me practically, down the months though, I just really really missed him because he was my best buddy, we were unbeatable manga artists, lol... yeah, I definitely did... all girls definitely do, some wait a long time... some don't

• when you say "all girls definitely do, some wait a long time and some dont", are you refering to dumping guys they like if it gets to intense to fast, or that they sometimes try again with the same guy?
      I got a bit confused when you said "some wait a long time" like waiting a long time until they dump him or until they might rekindle?

• wait a long time to rekindle

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I met a really great guy who didn't play games, called when he said he would, was a great cook and an awesome drummer. He told me how felt and it was just overwhelming. I felt like he was too good for me and just cut contact with him. I've never tried to contact him again, but I do sometimes wonder how he is when I'm lost in thought. I hope he found a really great girl, because he deserved it.

• Nope. Things really were edging into creepy territory and it was too much so the best thing to do to end things permanently.

• Oke, but what if it had been mostly you who rushed things, maybe you from the beginning where only looking for a quick hookup but during the time talking to him you started to consider something more serious because of good chemistry, but you ended up sleeping with him on the first date and maybe you felt it was going to fast.

In such a scenario, would you possibly consider trying again with that guy in the future?

• That wouldn't happen with me.

• no I have dated someone where it was pretty intense he was 15 that was this year and it didn't workout but I didn't dump him cause it was too intense

• Yes I met a guy when wasn't ready for emotional intimacy and should have told him I wasn't ready but I just stopped talking to him... I tried starting over bc I'd always realllly liked him but he was Mad at me and didn't trust me so he just what seemed to me to be playing games he just wouldn't be straight forward no matter how clear I was trying to be... it was just a huge headache.

In retrospect I guess I should've just told him I was sorry instead if trying to show him I was trying to do things differently... But I thought people prefer seeing different behavior instead of being promised it In advance.