Is it weird for a guy like myself to date women in their late 20s or early 30s?

I ask because I'm a 19 year old guy (almost turning 20 in a month) on a dating website. I checked on my matches with the women and so far, the majority of women who are great matches for me are women in their early 30s and late 20s. I'm usually the type of guy who'd never once date a woman any older than 2 years older but at my age, I don't know. I think I might have a slightly changed standard now that I'm a legal adult. But at the same time, there's a very few women in in those age range that I just can't relate to.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Date who you want.

• I mean, a lot of these 30 year old women are beautiful but at the same time, it feels awkward for me because it almost feels like I'm dating my own aunt or mother but then again, it be nice to be with more mature women.

• Yeah, early 30s especially. You seem like you could be quite mature for your age.

• So I'm told.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't knock it till you try it.

• Thats not too bad of a gap... you should just daye whoever is well matched to you

What Guys Said 3

• I'm exactly in your situation. I found out that I can very easily relate to cougars but not to those immature bitchy girls my age.

It's not weird at all.

• I feel you. A lot of women tend to be much happier and more mature in their late 20s to early 30s. But I don't know, while it would be nice to be with women who are much more mature and every, at the same time, it feels very weird because it almost feels like I'm dating my own mother.

• But on the bright side, women on average have longer life expectancies than men so that means the older woman wouldn't die of natural causes so soon depending on how well she takes care of herself the majority of her life.

• That's a different topic. There are guys who are not stupid and take care of themselves as well as women do. Most men just have a thing for risk behavior and don't think ahead. Anyway , go for the cougars !

• No its not weird man, dating older women can be a great experience for guys. Older women (late 20s to mid 40s) genuinely are more mature than younger women. That doesn't include all women though.
    Be careful around older women though, and make sure that she isn't married, you don't want to be in that situation.
    At the college that I attend, you can see older married women flirting with college aged guys. You will see it more often at football games where I am.

• Well if it's okay for women your age to date men in their early thirties, then I don't see why it shouldn't be okay for the other way round...