Girls, if you find a guy has never had a girlfriend when first meeting is that seen as a negative?

Should i hide it until later. It sometimes comes up when people ask why I'm on dating websites. Should I lie?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• For me its more of an issue if he makes it an issue. Be honest about it but dont dwell on it because focusing on it will just make things awkward.

• I don't, I just wonder if girls will immediately think there must be something wrong with me. I actually look forward to sharing my first experiences with a special meaningful person.

What Girls Said 14

• Don't lie, the best thing to go into a relationship with is pure honesty. The fact that you have never been in a relationship before wouldn't bother me in the slightest, in my opinion past relationships and love life shouldn't matter. I'm sure there are many woman out there that agree with me. So don't worry about that :)

• She should never find this information out. For me it's a turn off, but only if I know it. How many girls you had before is not relevant, just like how many guys she had before is none of your business. If you like a girl and don't want to make things awkward with her, i'd suggest you at least loose your virginity before you start dating her. Virgin guys and those without experience have a very obvious lack of confidence, which most girls can sense, and it makes things awkward. You don't have to lie about it, but not talking about it doesn't mean you are lying. If she asks you, say something vague like "my past is not relevant".

• It just came out with a girl I was talking to online. She ok but then I was worried it made her uncomfortable. I'm confident in who I am just not my appearance. I like how I look but just have no idea what others think.

• It depends on the person, but in general, I would say it's not a negative.

To assume that because you're male that it's mandatory for you to have had multiple partners already is an old, worn out sexist view against men that we call "toxic masculinity", but that's a different topic.

When it comes to your number, whether it's 0 or 20, it isn't mandatory for you to share that right away. Wait until you get comfortable with the person and let them know when it feels right for you. If people ask why you're on a dating site, just say you're looking for the right person and don't have enough time in real life, or something along those lines.

• Yes avoid this!

• Nope... not something negative.
    Guys read more into this than girls do.

• At my age, I'd wonder why he has never been with anyone and to be honest, I probably wouldn't date him.

• Even at my age? I just haven't met anyone yet and I just got over insecurities and am building confidence.

• Never lie. I would respect you more for telling the truth and it wouldn't bother me one bit that you never had a gf.

• i never had i boyfriend before and i don't lie because of this, i as a girl will apreciate that you care enough for telling the truth, not having shame cause its nothing to be ashamed for, and that you like she enough for leting her be your first girl. its sweet thats all.

• Nope not a negative to me. If a guy tells me that I'm thinking he is focusing more on his life

• Don't lie. For me, it's not a negative. I think I might consider it a bonus to be honest lol

• I dated a guy who had never dated anyone else and I always doubted whether he really liked me or not since he never had any experiences with anyone else.

• Do you think this could happen with others or was it just you?

• No don't have to hide it but be genuine about it..

• Don't lie just be genuine

• to me it is not a deal-breaker