Guys, how to play a player?

So long story short... I'm being played... I don't want to look stupid but I'm not sure how to go about this... help?

I want to outsmart him in a way but he does make appearances from time to time in the group of friends I hang out with so in the future I don't want it to be awkward...

17

Most Helpful Guy

• This can be a dangerous game. You can ask for advice here for a cunning plan, but if the player is smart it could end up backfiring on you terribly.

If you just ignore him, if you just act like he is an ass that you don't want anything to do with, you will minimize the chances of you looking bad. That's just a normal, mature response to an asshole.

If you try to 'play' him, and it doesn't work because he does something you weren't expecting and don't have time to come up with a new plan, it can end up making you look way worse. Even if it all goes perfectly, you could come across as seeming petty for trying to one-up him.

I would strongly suggest just ignoring him. If you find yourself in the same party as him or whatever, just be cold and aloof. Don't engage. Don't be dragged to his level.

What Guys Said 16

• Don't have sex with, stop contacting him, and find someone else to date. Problem solved. Doesn't matte if he's in your circle of friends, you aren't obligated to speak to him

And plotting against others is pathetic, frankly. It will only end up making you look bad if you try to play games (and rightfully so). Just drop him and forget the whole matter.

• Acknowledge and move on. Revenge rarely works out as you expected and years later you will wish you hadn't.

Take the high road and move on. Best advice right there.

• just ignore this guy... no matter what he does basically... never respond back...;-)

• That's what I normally would do but he is in my group of friends so I will have to see him from time to time.. :/ I don't want it to be awkward

• Guys use girls for sex. Girls use guys for money and emotional support.

Use him for money and emotional support and lead him on, and right when you're about to have sex, dump his ass.

• Lol you aren't gonna outsmart him. You won't win. You know why? Because players don't give a fuck. Thats why they are players. They don't care about you or your feelings. Just walk away and learn from this experience. You think if you play him back he is going to "learn not to do it next time" or some shit. Nope. You're wrong. He will do it until he damn well pleases. You can't make him stop doing it. The only one who can do that is him. Just stop and walk away..

• There is no need to lower yourself to his level. Wanna get revenge? RISE! SUCCEED! A player cannot stand the sight of someone they played, to ever end up succeeding or being happy without them.

• Uhh, dump his ass.

• We aren't together officially. I want to outsmart him them walk away

• If you aren't together how can you be played?

• Depends if he's cheating sleep with his best friend lol he will never trust a girl again

• You won't be able to. You'd have to be able to understand him first.

• Best way is to emasculate him. What makes you think you are getting played? He might just be hiding his true feelings scared to express to you.

• Not going to work, you got played. Just look the other way.

• Dont play along.

• fuck all his friends and family

• You got played. Pick up the pieces and move on. Any act of revenge will result in awkwardness.

• You're asking advice on how to hurt someone's feelings?
    No.

• tell him he has a small penis, then depression.