Girls, if a male friend asked you on a date if you didn't like him would it be awkward after?

She's attractive and a cool person but I'm not sure if we would connect romantically. If I say that would she be offended? I just wanna see if we would connect on that level. I don't want to make her uncomfortable that's why I've shown no interest. I'm in a place of being comfortable being friends but willing to date if she wanted too. Is this possible?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends...
    If we're really close then it might get a bit awkward if we've never discussed something like that before and it takes me completely by surprise. But I'd still look past it eventually and hope he would too.
    IF we're not that close but more of friends in passing I'd say, then I'd be okay with it and it wouldn't be awkward.

• What about friends focused around an activity. We both danced a lot and that's mostly how we socialize. I just don't want to make her uncomfortable so I don't flirt or anything also a bunch of guys do that and I'm not really like that anyway.

• That makes sense thanks

• Cool. Thank you. =)

What Girls Said 6

• Nope unless you cry or something.

• My best friend, who is a guy, asks me out about 4 times a year... I love him to death but more as a brother. It was awkward for a little while but then we talked about boundaries and now it's like nothing has changed

• What if it was one time. And if there was no spark he just wanted to hang out. I don't know her super well. I would like to be friends if she said no.

• Every girl is different, you just have to go for it and hope for the best

• Alright fingers crossed 😨

• The issue with trying to date a friend is you risk the friendship. Also, if you're already questioning it, that shows that you aren't as into it as you should be.

• It would probably be awkward afterwards. If you're truly fine being friends, just wait a little longer to see if she shows any interest in you.

• For me it was

• That would be quite awkward.