Why miss someone who treated you badly?

Haven't spoke to the guy in months, he was a marine which I don't know if that's an excuse for him to be so aggressive with words.

Eventually he'd get mad & do name calling, which is why I stopped talking to him.

I miss the actual him, but now he has a girlfriend & they've been together for a couple months.

Does anyone have this issue or are having this issue?

I drop people that treat me badly b/c I know I deserve better.

Most Helpful Guy

• (This is Tinkerbell) I'm an a situation similar to this... Cutting off contact is best but I completely understand that it is hard. If he is someone that used to be important to you, and someone that you cared about its hard to let that go even if he hasn't acted worthy of your time lately. You aren't missing the way he treats you now, but it makes total sense to miss the person he used to be, or at least the person you thought he was

What Guys Said 5

• Human nature, someone removes their attention from your life, and after time you remember the good more than the bad ( rose coloured glasses as they say ) I think it happens to us all at some stage

• maybe u still like him despite the fact he talked badly 2 u?

• You miss him being part of your life. Someone to talk to and spend time with, You really don't miss him. You miss the thought of him. My suggestion would be to get out there and date.

• Because of you some emotional-oxytocin connection with him.

Forget about him, Just date another guy!

• Nah, I think I'm a better judge of character than you are, so it's never really affected me.

Though if if someone I was close to did treat me badly and I dropped them, I don't think I'd miss them.

What Girls Said 1