Why would a guy tell you he's younger than he really is?

I went on a date the other day and met this really great guy. We ended up kissing at the end of the night and told him I was a virgin. I had already googled him prior to our date and as he is quite successful I found out that he was 34 (it was stated on his company's website). However, on the date when I asked him how old he was he said he was 32 and that there was only an 8 year gap between us. I'm currently 24 years old.

Why would a guy lie about his age? He only lied about 2 years, but still..

Most Helpful Guy

• According to Elijah's rule, 34/2 + 7 = 24.

It looks like he's in the clear. Maybe he cut off a couple years just in case.

• LOL great :)

• I don't know if he was playing by the old half your age + seven routine, its kind of a shot in the dark with how much we know about him. Did you ever figure out the reason?

What Guys Said 1

• Because he is afraid that you think he is too old.

• So he lied because he was insecure about his age?

• Yes. If it doesn't matter to you, make that clear.

What Girls Said 1

• I tell people I'm 18...

• See what you do can get guys into a lot of trouble tho what he did was to make himself younger to probably apeel better to her

• I wasn't going to tell on him after