Girls, Going on 2nd date with a older woman and she wants to pay for everything?

I mean I don't mind but I don't feel it's right and I told her this but she still insists. This is new for me any reason why she might feel like this?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I am very aware of the fact that at my age, I tend to be more financially secure than men significantly younger than I. I would feel the guy would find it insulting if I insisted on paying for everything all the time, but I do insist on going half or the tried and true "my turn, your turn."

Most likely your older woman is just feeling sympathetic to the financial situation of younger folks. I can see where it would make you feel odd, though.

Next time you are out, grab the bill first before she does and tell her "It's my turn.". Or, offer " OK, you got dinner but the movie is on me.".

What Girls Said 9

• Because she can. Because she remembers being in her late 20's and that money may not have been quite the issue it was in the early 20's but it's still not growing on trees. If you want to even the playing field a bit, invite her out on a date and tell her, 'It's my treat'. That way, it's clear from the get-go this is what you're doing for her.

• Maybe she feels that she should pay for it. If you tell her about your discomfort, maybe she'll back off.

• If she is financially able, I don't' see why not. I always offer to pay. Usually the guy ends up paying for the first date if he asked me, but I always offer anyways. If he got the first, I like to get the next one. I don't go after men for their money, I like them to see I am interested in getting to know them and spend time with them.

• I never offer to pay. Let the man "wear the pants". If you pay to soon in the relationship, the man won't respect you.

• she's just being polite or doesn't agree with the "men should pay for everything" thing.

• Let her, but next time you pay. Good luck.

• may i ask the age difference

• She'll offer, and she'll insist, it's the second date, ask the waiter to give you the check, he will trust me. And to make her feel better, tell her she can get the next one, that way you've just secured a third date and a free dinner next time

• DO IT
    Very obvious this will go very well for you if you cave and let her!
    ALL of the "consequences" are win-win for you, including - but not limited to:

making you feel obligated to "do stuff" for her.. with guys it's sexual favors with older gals, this can be much the same on their brains

finally she gets to turn the tables on her dating life and temporarily entertain her boy toy... so what?

she has very specific tastes and needs for this date... think scratching an long term itch... and doesn't want ANY of these plans compromised by money/budgets... some of this goes beyond that itch, for if she's really taken with you, she wants to share her favorite tastes to see a smile on your face as well... and to judge if your tastes are similar enough to be a life candidate that will enjoy more of this fare, even explore more of the same