I'm 19 dating a 25 year old. Too old?

Last year in the summer I met this amazing guy and we clicked instantly. We spent a few months together and became really close friends though it was obvious from the get-go that both of us wanted more. We became best friends in such a small span of time that when I found out his age and he found out mine, the gap surprised us both, but it didn't change much in our dynamic. Naturally when he asked me out properly and said he wanted to establish an official relationship, I was elated and accepted.

The problem here is that I have done my best to keep this relationship under wraps from my entourage, which is incredibly interfering. I've made my time with him as private as possible, so much so that now both family and friends want to meet this "mystery man" and have started asking a lot of questions. However, I am dreading the reactions from my best friend and my parents (especially my dad). I feel like they will jump to conclusions and assume he is using me/taking advantage of me when nothing of the sort has ever happened - he has always been sweet and supportive. I have met his friends and family already and they seem to approve of me, but he has not met mine. He asked me the other day whether I was too ashamed to tell people about us and I felt guilty immediately. I love him a lot - I just don't know how to tell people I'm dating someone 6 years my senior. I know they will throw a fit.

Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• u r both legal basically

soooooo np

What Guys Said 3

• No, not at all. If the two of you get along well and can have mature discussions you are both interested in, I see no issue at all. People mature at different times, so if the physical and mental chemistry is there, then why not?

• i wouldn't say that is a big age difference , a lot of younger people date people a few years younger or older at one point or another , its not that unusual.

• dumb question. of course not.

What Girls Said 3

• Sure it alright.

• Not that much of a age difference. But he will have different view points from you basically

• I think 19 and 25 is totally fine.