Is jealousy really a double edged sword?

if you wanted to move a relationship a long faster and jealousy was your plan is that really a good idea. My friend said it was a double edge sword but it would work

Making the guy I like jealous. He likes me as well

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really think that is necessary than he probably is t that interested and that is not going to change.

If he is the kind of guy you should want to be dating he won't stand for it and will most likely pretend you don't exist from then on.

If you are already sleeping with him and he does get jealous dont take this as a good indicator. He is just trying to protect his for sure thing.

It's manupaltive and shows lack of regard for his feelings. If he does like you this could CRUSH him.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes it would make him jealous. But then again it can backfire on you, because if you start something with another guy. Then he will lose interest very quickly, and you could possibly lose him for good.

If you were to do that to me, I just wouldn't bother you anymore. Its very immature behavior. If he is playing that game with you, then don't waste your time with people like that.

If you two like each other, then mature enough to talk going on dates, and how you want the relationship to progress, but you do it, one step at a time.

• Personally, I would get pissed if someone was intentionally trying to make me jealous. So, yes, it can backfire.

I think that playing games is childish to begin with, but purposely trying to screw with someones feelings in that way just comes across as slightly bitchy to me.

*I'm not saying that any of this applies to you, just stating how I'd react if it happened to me.

• In my opinion jealousy can be a double edge sword and a sharp one at that. It could work out or it could do serious damage. Personally I do not care for jealousy games

• Yes it is. It can make him want you more or make him run away from you more. It just depends on the guy and how he deals with thus sort of stuff.

• It's just an emotion.

What Girls Said 4

• That sounds really immature and manipulative.

• I don't what that means.

• I am slightly a jealous person but wouldn't intentionally make a guy jealous to manipulate my relationship though.

• yeahhhhhh but it could bounce off