Guys, How would you handle this? Perpetual FriendZone, or Worth the Risk?

Now, I understand that everyone has differences in type things that attract them, but say you have this friend you've known forever. They've been there through everything. They're probably the only person you can tell anything to. And she's absolutely in love with you. Now maybe there's some feelings on your side, but your more worried about your friendship. Would it be worth the risk? Or would you possibly miss out on what could have been the greatest opportunity of your life? How do you choose. What if ignoring the feelings pushes said friend away? When is it worth it?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't lead her on or give her any false hope. If I don't feel any attraction to her, I'm not going to try to force myself to, that would just ruin our friendship too, because it wouldn't work out.

If there are feelings on my side, then I assert that it's worth the risk.

What Guys Said 6

• If I have any level of feelings, the friendship aspect is pushed to the side in favor of something more meaningful.

• Why should dating and/or the possibility of it not working out have any effect on the friendship? I know plenty of folks who have dated in the past and are still good friends. I guess it depends on the person.

• Think maybe do a trial period or something, based on a relation ship. if it works, move onto something deeper, if it doesn't, go back to being friends

• Been there and it worked, up till she moved away. We still talk but aren't technically in a relationship anymore. I say go for it. He probably likes you anyway but be careful, he might not be ready to commit to anyone yet.

• Have lots of guys who are friends. Eventually one will stand out as a romantic interest.

• I'm mature enough to handle rejection and still be friends after. I'd go and serenade to her about how the moon and the stars always point to her.

Shouuuuld I ignooooore my feeelings gurl? Shouuuuld I?

That sounded better in my head but you get the picture.