Have you ever been rejected by someone you liked for a long time?

Just what the question asks. And do you mind telling me the story, how you felt, and still feel about it?

I liked someone for about a year before I finally worked up the courage to let him know, though I had to tell him in an indirect way. He flat out ignored every attempt I made and I was confused about it (because I didn't realize what he was doing and I was pretty certain he used to like me) until I found out he is now engaged to someone else. It sucks but I am still proud of myself for doing something I've never done and putting myself out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• The entirety of my junior year, I was insanely infatuated with a senior. I thought it was love even though I hardly knew him outside of our AP bio class. Two days before he graduated, I approached him at his locker and confessed. It was awkward as hell, and I'll never confess like that again, but I don't regret a thing about it. It was my first confession, so naturally, I didn't handle it perfectly. Or well at all. But it gave me the liberation I needed to move on, to know that even if it ever was reciprocated in the slightest (and it probably wasn't, but I had to try), I did everything I could. My crush was the largest I'd ever experienced at that point in time, so it took me the summer and a month of senior year to move on, but I did. I haven't forgotten him, and I probably never will. He was my first major crush that I couldn't brush off as just adolescent attraction (like sophomore year) or puppy love (like middle school and freshman year), and it was him that turned a shy girl into one bold enough to say anything. I'm pretty open and brave now, and I'll probably make a move on a long-time friend soon. What I did last year wasn't true, and this might be, but it was the lessons I learned there that gave me the bravery for this, where something real is on the line. Life is full of stepping stones and questions. Sometimes the best thing to do is get a direct answer so you can keep leaping to the next stone.

• Amazing story! That took way more guts than what I did, and I hope I can be as brave as you whenever a similar situation might happen to me again. And best of luck to you with your friend!! :D

• Thanks! I just looked at is as I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. You never know. When it's all that's left, you never know what you'll do. I was never brave either. I'm still not, but when it matters, people change. People only regret the chances they didn't take :) Good luck to you, too!

• Thanks for MHO :D

What Guys Said 2

• yep i got rejected after liking her for 2 years and kept on liking her for another 5 years -.-

• Yeah it feels pretty shitty. You don't get used to it over time.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes twice actual. The second time just happen the other day. The first time I really liked my guy best friend and took me years to tell him how I felt. I finally did and he told me that he used to like me but he just likes me as a friend now cuz we became closer. It hurt but I got over it we remained best friends and still talk today. I don't like him anymore and I don't regret it but I did then.

The second time, this guy tried to kiss me hold my hand etc. I thought he liked me and instead of guessing whether he was playing me or liked me I decided to just tell him. So I did and he said he didn't and he didn't know how he made it seem like it. I'm still upset about it cuz he still tries to flirt with me and we're still friends but I'm trying to keep my head up and act like I'm fine and it didn't bother me. I'm happy that I did it and now I can move on (:

• Thanks for sharing! And yeah it's amazing how relieving it is after the other person finds out, even if they don't return the feelings. Like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders :)

• Yeah now I'm more comfortable and open with him and np (:

• I haven't been in this kind of situation, but I want to say I think it's awesome that you worked up the courage to do that! Takes balls!

• I've never been in this kind of situation before, mainly bc I dont

• I don't have the courage to do so* the guys in my school are so immature that the minute they reject a girl, they will go round telling everyone who they just rejected and its freaking embarrassing!

• and I'm sorry for giving opinion like this, my friend accidentally clicked on the "send it" button