(MEN ONLY PLS!) What do you men think of love letters?

I wrote a love/thank you letter to a friend I have feelings for. He's 36. This is the first time in my life that I've written a love letter. There's just so much I want to say to him before he leaves town next month but it's a lot and I don't want to overwhelm him and make him uncomfortable, so I wrote him a letter. Is writing letters still a thing or is it kind of foolish and dumb? I just want him to know in the least awkward/freaky way. help!

21

Most Helpful Guy

• It's elegant, refined and hella classy, no worries at all! :)

What Guys Said 20

• Well it sometimes is the best way to convey our feelings. When we try to do it in person sometimes we lose our nerve and don't say what we want. Also, the other person can interrupt and make us lose our train of thought. When we have a lot to say I find a letter or email the best way to give the person all the information they need.
    So I think that was fine. But don't expect him to have the same feelings necessarily. That is a big age gap. At 36 I would not have much in common with a 20 yr old. But there are always exceptions to every rule so you never know.

• It is a wonderfully endearing thing to do. It is a little bit old-fashioned in a good, traditional way. I would be extremely flattered to receive a love letter from a lady.

• I love love letters :) I would totally write one for my girlfriend every now and then to let her know how I feel. Plus it feels more personal than a text.

In your situation, does he know how you feel? It might be a little awkward afterward he read it, but you never know :)

• He may have an idea of how I feel but I'm not THAT obvious, so even if he's sensed something I'm pretty sure at the moment he has no idea.

• He probably won't know and it will probably fine :)

• He's too old. Just keep it for yourself to read when you are 30 and look back at how silly you were. But love letters are cute.

• I've had a girlfriend write me a letter and others write a lot of beautiful things in birthday cards, etc. and I love it. Reading what someone feels for you is one of the most personal, touching things you can experience because it's straight from the heart. I'm also a hopeless romantic lol but I think it's a great idea and he'll love it :)

• A girl I never met before sent me a love letter and she was just crazy about me!!! She fell in love with my singing voice and developed a huge crush on me!!! As soon as I found out that she wrote it, I developed a huge crush on her, too! I fell in love with her beauty! We are still great friends today, but she just doesn't understand the word, "love." She's severely autistic just like me.

• that's beautiful :) I sing too, by the way. the guy I like plays the piano.

• I used to play the piano. I now play the drums, harmonica, and guitar.

Her name is Sara!

• I've received one such letter, well more of a confessional than anything. It's flattering at the very least because you took the time to write it out.

• Very much a turn on.

• It's way better than sending a love text. It seems way more personal and shows you put thought into it and really meant it. No it's not dumb I'd much rather read something like this on paper with your handwriting than on a text.

• Its cool with me. It's more romantic and personal. And it gives something tangible to hold onto. A cute text or email is nice, but less pretty, and reflects less effort.

• sure, just don't expect one back. Most guys rather talk face to face.

• Writing letters is still the shirt. Use a fountain pen and seal the envelop with wax and a wax seal.

• Good job! If it's handwritten, that's like receiving a handcrafted gift. It's even more special because everyone emails. I'd be stoked to receive a letter like that no matter what my feelings are towards the sender.

• I had this relatipnship with this one girl and the only way we talked was through letters, and we lived in the same town.

Ok off topic. No it's not freaky.

• Love letters are soooo cute! If you want to appear cute then by all means, keep sending 'em!!!

• Feel free to write one provided that your writing skills are up to par.

• I dont have a problem with it. I jut think that the girl will think its dump or childish

• i love the idea, it's a enchanting way to seductively seduce the woman...

• I think its cute cause it shows that you care! And me am a guy that used to write love letters all the time i know how much time and thought you put into it. I stopped cuz my ex ripped them all one day we had a huge fight so i dont write love letters no more...

• When I was a kid it was awesome because you knew a girl like you.
    As an adult it just isn't important and I usually would read them and throw them out.