Girls, Girls: Do you always say "i love you" back when your boyfriend tells you he loves you?

Girls, Girls: Do you always say "i love you back" when your boyfriend tells you he loves you. I am not talking about the first time he said i love you I am talking about when he says it just because

• Yes
    68% (27)
  • No
    32% (13)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Refreshing the question
If no, i need to know why.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do.

The first time he said it though... I responded with, "okaygoodbye!" And hung up on him super fast.

• Did you love him when he first said it

• If you start thinking in terms of selfishness and keeping track of who gave what and who does what more... you will never have a satisfactory relationship.

• I just don't see why someone can consciously wait for the other one to always be the one to say it first, and then only say it back sometimes. I just dont think its right. Its when they conscious wait for the other one to do the stuff first that I find selfish

What Girls Said 14

• Girls, Girls: Do you always say "i love you" back when your boyfriend tells you he loves you?
    B. No

I find I'm pretty masculine-minded in my opinion thus I have the view of seeing relationships as a power play and whoever cares less wins.

• I prefer to show a person how much I love them. Words can be empty without actions.

• No ! Unless I do of course. If I don't yet , as hard as it is, I tell them I don't have those kind of feelings yet.

• Well I'm not in a relationship rn, so not currently.

BUT!! Hypothetically speaking, if I was... I probably wouldn't say it all the time. I feel like it could end up losing meaning if I said it to much. And I'd be happy that at certain moments he felt he truly loved me. If I said it too, I wouldn't expect him to say it all the time. I'm also a sarcastic so that would be added into that mix, haha. And to add to that, I guess I'm not to much of a person that has emotions? If that makes sense. :x

• I did when I was involved.

• Depends, if we've been dating for a few days and he says it, I wouldn't say I love you. I'd say I like you. I hate wgen people date for one day and their sayong I love you. It means nothing when you say it later.

• I am talking about after you have said the first i love you and you are now saying it just because

• Ohh, sorry didn't read that part. But, I'd say it back.

• I don't have a bf 😩😫😫😫😫

• Yes, I normally do.

• What scenario would not normally be

• Yes, I always do

• yes, I would, but since I'm single nope ahah

• Always, no matter what.

• If a girl waits for her boyfriend to be the one to always say i love you first, and then she sometimes says i love you back, is she being selfish

• I've never had that problem. I say it when I want to, and expect my significant other to do the same.

I wouldn't like that personally. Expecting something like that is just selfish.
      You shouldn't have to expect someone to say they love you first, it should be equally said or equally appreciated

• I say thank you sometimes

• I don't do that always.

• No...

I do love him and I have said it before, but we've fought so much I don't want to let my guard completely down. The first time he said it this is how It went:

Talking about something I can't remember-

Him: Hey guess what?

Me: What?

Him: I love you

Me: Okay thanks that's nice!

And then I walked away very fast..

• If it wasn't for the fact that you have fought so much would you say it back every time

• Yes. But we've even broken up twice before so if it happens again it will be for good and we see each other everyday (same class) so it would be awkward