Why do guys stare and make small talk?

There's a guy in one of my classes. Around the start of the semester my classmates were waiting outside of the class (including him). When I walked up he held eye contact with me for a few secs but I looked away. He didn't seem to pay me much attention after that until one day i got a little dressed up and wore a form fitting dress. As we were leaving I looked over and he stared at me until I looked away. The next day he spoke to me (he just asked a hw question which he also asked he people around him and made some other comment to me, but he never bothered talking to me before which is my point). So today I walked into class he watched me walk to my seat, he also asked me how I did on a recent assignment and then asked the person next to him. He asks me questions that he also asks other people which isn't anything, but its just the looks and the fact that he never went out of his way to say anything at all to me. Does it mean anything or no? And then he views love as being "used and abused" so that doesn't sound like a person who's into relationships... but I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you were younger, I'd say he's definitely into you however he has trouble making conversation, but at your age I'm not so sure.

What Guys Said 1

• It could be that he is interested in you but includes other people in his talks and questions because he isn't ready or is afraid to talk to you one on one for fear that you will blow him off or shoot him down in front of other people.

What Girls Said 1

• IF you like him go to him.