Girls, are you attracted to domineering or flexible guys?

I'm asking because in most books where the girl ends up seriously lusting after the guy he has a "my way or the highway" attitude.

Then why are women so attracted to guys like that?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to be with someone who is super controlling, which is the impression I get from a "my way or the highway" attitude.

I do like confident people who know what they want, but at the same time, it's important to be flexible. Not everything in life is going to work out perfectly. You need to be able to roll with the punches.

• In the case of 50 Shades of Grey, Christian Grey is an abuser. He emotionally manipulates and isolates Ana so she has no choice but to be with him because he's cut her off from everyone else.

And quite honestly, you're going to get a varied mix anyway. Not everyone likes the same thing in a partner.

• Then why do girls like it?

• Some girls like it because they are easily manipulated. Confident women won't like being told what to do or how to behave.

What Girls Said 7

• This is a good, valid question. After all, ¨50 Shades¨ kinda put these questions in our heads. I think it all depends upon personality, background, and shallow vision. Some girls, especially if they are not naturally a leader or don't prefer to make decisions, will gravitate/be attracted to this opposite quality. However, if a girl was raised in an unhealthy home, by a controlling parent, she may still feel the need to put others' choices before her own. It's what she's used to, and she most likely carries a lot of false guilt if she's not pleasing someone. On a positive note, some girls like a challenge. Though it's not good that a guy is selfish/controlling/demanding, some girls see it as their goal to break his ¨tough side.¨ I would advise extreme caution in with this person. Fantasy writers want their tough characters to be shown as transformational. But in real life, very few people take the initiative to change. Personally, I prefer flexible guys.

• NO! I can't stand guys like that. I also don't like push overs. I want a guy who is in the middle of those two. Someone who is versatile and behaves the way any particular situation calls for. He knows when to act and when to back off.

• Personally being flexible is something I'd prefer. If the guy was going to be like "my way or the highway" then I won't take a second glance and walk away happily. 'cause if he can't compromise then shit... that relationship will be fked up, do everything he wants? Not my piece of cake.

Though I guess everyone has their preferences.

• No. I'm not. Some women are and they have their reasons. I don't see the need for baseless speculation though.

I like a guy who is confident, not arrogant like that. A guy who is rational and is willing to compromise. Women who tend to go after guys like that in my opinion happen to usually be insecure.

• don't read those books.

• My man is an Alpha male a Lion, and i love it.

• What books have you been reading?