How do I tell a girl I've never been in a relationship if she asks?

So I'm 25 years old, I've had sex, hookups, and flings but no actual relationship. It's not that I chose to not have one, but the ones who wanted one with me I didn't want and vice versa. I could have been in once recently but I didn't really find the girl all that attractive and I'm not just gonna be in a relationship just for the sake of being in one. Doesn't make me happier and it's not fair to the other person. My closest to a relationship, I just ended up being rebounded and that really fucked up my perception on relationships. Granted the rebounder did move on fast but it fucked up my perception in the sense of when I do make it clear I want a relationship without moving too fast.

It's kinda made me insecure to an extent, not that it keeps me from trying, but that it's like I'm expected to at least have 1-2 relationships at this point. I don't go out advertising this but let's say if a girl asks about my relationship history how would I explain it. I feel like it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. It's like if I say I have then I've lied but if I tell them the truth they might have red flags raised or doubts and start looking for flaws.

Do you think it'd be better to say I've dated but nothing serious as opposed to I've never had a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her, if she likes you.. She won't mind

• True. If someone gets rid of me because of inexperience in dating then it's their problem, not mine.

• But I'd only do this if they asked, I wouldn't just bring it up.

• That's true... It's their problem not yours. Because it's not your fault you never found the right woman for you. And it's not too late

What Girls Said 2

• Just be honest! Also, dont be afraid to get serious with someone because you feel you shouldn't "move fast". When its right, you know deep down so dont hesitate to be forth coming about it. :)

• Well actually, regarding the rebounder, I did like her a lot but she was being very manipulative. She was moving very fast and kept chasing me and caused me to move fast if that makes any sense. Then once I showed interest back, she ditched me for the ex she complained about that she'd been dating on and off for years.

• Yeah I was just naive about what rebounds were at the time. Like I knew she was newly single and complaining about her ex but I never heard of a rebound at the time let alone know they worked. So whenever she showed major signs of interest quickly, I took it at face value. I was just so into the moment and happy that a girl I simultaneously physically attractive, emotionally attractive and had a lot in common with me was that into me and fighting for my attention. That's the thing, sometimes when you like a person, you overlook any red flags and flaws because you like them and want it to work out. Not that anyone's perfect, but you know what I mean?

• Also that's been another issue of mine lately is knowing when to stop playing games of her showing interest and constantly chasing for me and then going for the relationship as opposed to I initiate it, she shows interest and then when I show interest back, she flakes?

• i would be honest about it

What Guys Said 0