Is a 27 year old woman and a 21 year old man to big of age gap?

When we met we immediatly had chemistry. We both are just starting to establish ourselves in our careers ( i graduated college about 2 years ago and he went straight into the workforce). We have a lot of similar interests and similar values. Am I setting myself up for heartbreak by pursuing a man who is 6 years young than I am. I know the 1/2 your age +7 rule of thumb but that only really tells me that I dont look like a cougar...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you look like a cougar, lol. As a 27 year old male I can tell you I'm very different now to when I was 21. Everyone changes through different stages of life and that change can lead to people growing apart. That's not a reason not to go for it, but it's something you really need to bear in mind going forward.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• I date older women all of the time. As long as both of you want the same things and have the same maturity, it is fine. We live in different times. If a man ever vilifies you for dating younger men say that an "OK cupid study revealed that an excessive amount of older men want younger women"

• no u r both legal... so age difference isn't an issue basically

• No if there's chemistry and you guys enjoy your time together then go for it. The only thing that can get in the way of this is your own doubts.

• No not at all, about 10 years either direction is when it get's a little off.

• Nah age is just a number in my opinion.

• Not at all, as long as you're both consenting adults , key word being "adults" it doesn't matter what your age gap is.

• To me, age is just a number, so if yo have chemistry and want to pursue it, go for it!

• Not at all I've dated a 18 year old when I was 25

• no not at all, 6 years is nothing and the gap will seem to get smaller the older that you get..

• Na, you're both in 20's

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's kit a big gap

• I don't consider it too big of an age gap.