How to stop being so insecure/jealous/suspicious in my relationship?

I've been dating the same guy for almost 4 years. we've been together since we were 16. we lost our virginites with eachother & have been through A LOT together. We've had some crazy fights like all couples but we've gotten through them. The thing is, im that "crazy girlfriend" that nobody wants to be with. I give him props that he's stayed with me for so long. The majority of our arguments is because i get so mad/jealous over everything. He recently followed some girls on twitter who i didn't know & he's like "oh i work with a few and i went to college with the other one." I kinda freaked out on him bc why would he go to the length of typing in their names to find them and follow them? it just makes no sense to me. I don't know this is just how my mind works. He has lied to me in the past about things and this is why i get a bit crazy. He hasn't lied about anything too serious just about not going to these girls graduation parties (which i found out he actually DID go) and things like that. I just dont know what to do. its SO hard for me to control my jealousy & suspicions. I really need advice, and please nothing rude. Im being really serious here and im at least trying to work on it. thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Really you just gotta learn to calm the fuck down. It is an essential life quality. Realize that nothing is worth upsetting your inner equilibrium of zen. Others perceptions, malicious thoughts, feverent obsessions, these things plague a troubled mind. Learn apathy, learn indifference then you'll be able to appreciate time with others better.

What Guys Said 1

• What do you have to offer to your boyfriend? Just answer this question.

• I'm loyal, make him happy, please him sexually (not that that's a huge part of a relationship but still lol), I make him laugh, i treat him well & will pay for dates here & there. Honestly I'm a great girlfriend in general (hes told me this).. just when i see something i don't like/makes me jealous i get really mad & yeahh..

• That is what you have to offer him, if he ever leaves. Your jealousy is really a sign of insecurity but you have nothing to be insecure about.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't. You can only try to ignore it, postpone it or hide it. I am sorry, but as far as I know, there is no way.