Would you date a deaf person?

I would not care if a girl was deaf or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest YES I would date a deaf person. I have my reasons and I must say that communication is not an issue for me. Mostly because I have deaf family and I don't know sign language! I know that when a dead person wants to be hear they will find a way! Also, if you are going to date this person I might suggest at least getting to know sign language basics just in case things like: thank you and please. I know these words mean a lot to them. Umm you could try any word honestly because it shows them that you care for them enough to know at least some basic words. Also a good date tradition could be asking the person to teach you 2 or 3 words on each date. When I write deaf people are the best types of people I mean it! -(pardon any grammatical errors please)

What Girls Said 9

• I would as long as we had some way to communicate. I'd buy him one of these if I must.
    i01.i.aliimg.com/.../...gh_quality_multicolour.jpg
    Or a small dry erase board.
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../51XBRNLIQbL._SL1223_.jpg
    These would only be temporary because I'll be trying to learn sign language while we were dating.

• Yes, I would if I really liked him.
    I used to be skeptical about it, but after I started watching Switched at Birth I became more open-minded.

• I can't sign. I'd try to learn, but I'm a super slow learner when it comes to languages. I'd try though.

• I wouldn't turn them down because of the fact that they're deaf. I'd turn them down because it literally makes zero sense to even attempt to be in any sort of relationship with someone you can't even communicate with.

If I was fluent in sign language that would obviously be different. But I have no knowledge of sign. And a relationship (as in, any relationships period, friendships included) is built upon communication. Sooooo that makes no sense.

• Tbh no. One of my close friends is deaf and even tho I've learned a lot of sign we still have a lot of trouble communicating.

I couldn't deal with that baggage in a relationship. Tbh I prolly couldnt date anyone who's first language wasn't English . And as any deaf person will tell you, English IS their 2nd language

• dating a deaf person would be difficult to communicate with to start with... but i would happily learn sign language and date a deaf guy lol

• Probably not, just being honest.

• Yeah I wouldn't care

• yeah, i know a bit of sing language too, if i didn't i wouldn't mind either way

What Guys Said 10

• There would be no way of communicating. So no, I wouldn't because communication is very important to me. The disconnect is primarily due to my inability to use sign language.

• If I knew sign language, absolutely.
    Tried to get a deaf girl's number once. She said no, on account of me not being able to communicate with her and all. lol

• I could date a deaf person. With me being hard of hearing, I could date either a deaf person or non-deaf person.

• Yes so i could be her ears O_O

• Yeah I would have to learn sign language tho.

• Yeah I would have no problem with that.

• I would not.

• Im a guitarist. Id be bummed i couldnt play for her. But heck yes i would.

• Some Deaf people can read music - most of them do go to clubs or feel the music

• you're easy can date to Deaf girl too easy interesting at you're Hearing
    so what Deaf guy very hard find Hearing girl is too uncomfortable... WHATEVER.

• I'm partially deaf and my mom knows ASL... but she never taught me, so I can't speak in ASL. I would not be surprised if sometime in the future I do end up going completely deaf.. So, I would have no problem dating a deaf girl as long as she's willing to be patient with me in learning ASL.