Is it okay to have a type?

The media these days seems to be pressuring men into accepting more realstic body standards, but the things is, I like skinny women, with a thigh gap, blonde hair, blue eyes, sexy laugh, and tend to date only those women. Are having these preferences okay?

I hear women all of the time saying they have a preference for a muscular man. Are my preferences really that bad? Or a people just being hypocritical?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're fine man. We all prefer something over something else.

Some people will have a go at you because they don't think it's right. Who cares man, they aren't the ones dating the girls you chose.

What Girls Said 6

• No, that's just a hypocritical way of thinking. Everybody has one, I have one, and that's it, what can I do if a am attracted to a certain type of features in a person? It not like I don't have eyes for the others, but 'the guy' will always stand out.

• we all hate to admit it but we all seem to have a type. i for the longest time would only date guys with dark hair, dark eyes, and an athlete. but then i started to like guys who weren't any of those things and thought something was wrong with me but then decided that i just like who i like but my boyfriends has to be respectful of me and i like a guy who is easy to talk to.

• Humans will be fickle and hypocritical til the day they die.

Preference is a thing.
    And if anyone tries to make you feel guilty for it. They're wrong.

Everyone deserves to be happy with the people they like the most.

• no you're fine! if this is the type of women you like then who cares what other people think? its what you're attracted to & you can't just magically be turned on by thick women with dark hair. your preference :)

• Of course it's ok we all have our own preference. The only time it's not ok is when you put down other females just because they are not what you're into.

• It's cool. Like who you want.

What Guys Said 5

• The whole "realistic body standards" things is great and all.
    But although women overall have gotten larger, men's preferences have not changed.
    And you shouldn't feel like yours should either.

Women have the right to look however they want.
    Because you don't owe them your time, money, or attention.

• Error yes! Bit of a weird question.

Although it makes me laugh that I'm probably seen as 'shallow' for liking skinny, fit women... but if preferred fat women It would just 'be my thing'.

Lots of double standards!

• It's probably no more wrong then having a favorite type o food. Bust because you like pepperoni doesn't mean you won't take cheese on a given day I guess.

• Nothing wrong with having a type, most people have one.

• Forget those fatties.