Guys, Are there still any men out there who would wait for marriage if the girls the one?

I'm 25 still a virgin and I want to wait for marriage. I afriad to date because I feel like a man today won't wait. I'm not crazy religious or think sex is a sin. However I want to wait for myself. I'm dating a Muslim who in his religion has to wait but I don't see a future for us and I'm scared to leave him thinking I won't find man who will wait like him that I can see a future with. There is no future with him because he doesn't want to comprise on spliting the religion because I'm Greek Orthodox and well he's Muslim. So bascially, Is there any men out there that are willing to wait for the right girl?

• As a man would you wait?
    70% (33)
  • or No?
    30% (14)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most men that want to get married would love to find a girl like you. A woman that believes so strongly against having sex outside of marriage is a woman that he doesn't need to worry about ever cheating on him. The fact you aren't crazy religious while still having that value would be a huge plus. Finding a girl like you is like searching for a unicorn. We hear about them, but we never actually seem to find one.

What Guys Said 23

• The fact is that more likely then not you will not be with the person you marry for the rest of your life. All of us that are divorced said "well that won't be me.."
    and you may not have any control over it. If it were up to me I would still be married as I love my ex wife with all my heart. But I had no say. I fought as hard as I could to keep us together.
    So knowing that why save yourself for marriage? Why not find someone you care for and have that be your first?
    Sex is such an important part of an adult relationship. It brings you closer emotionally and physically. It is very important to know your sexually compatible before you get married. I broke up with a woman in January and the largest reason is we just were not sexually compatible. Even though we discussed it many times. It was too stressful for me.
    I would never marry someone without knowing I was sexually compatible.
    also, why wouldn't you want your wedding night / honeymoon to be the best it can be. If your a virgin there is all the drama surrounding that. he has to worry about you on the wedding night and then if there is pain maybe that goes for several days.. and your honeymoon is all about you instead of it being about the both of you. It is irresponsible.

• Theoretically yes. In practice no. I could wait. I just don't see how I'd have any confidence she was 'the one'. I have a low expectation of sexual compatibility in any couple unless there's good evidence that there will be.

• If she demands to wait until marriage then she values bureaucracy over mutual emotional reciprocation, therefore she is most likely not "the one" for me.

• I would certainly wait if a girl was worth it.

• I'm religious so not sure if my opinion counts, but I think sex is sacred and should only be done when two people are in love. Marriage would be ideal but I understand most people have no self control when they get to that point. There are a lot more men out there like you than you could even imagine. Most guys won't understand why sex should wait til marriage because we don't have that emotional tie to it like women do. But there are a bunch of us that do understand... so good luck and stay strong in your moral standards.

• I waited...

• Yessss roght here! I would defo marry u! I would only get with virgin cuties <333
    Cuties like u is hard to find these days u know. Keep it clean baby 👌
    Dont give up yet. I believe in u!

• I don't see the point in waiting? I really dont? Not one reason. Sex is a huge part of a relationship, and it really conmects eachother at like a chemical level that I dont understand. It shouldn't be taken lightly nor to heavily if that makes sense?
    That being said. Yes i could wait. But I would probably die after a year. So if i got married quickly i guess.

• I don't think sex is a sin. I am waiting. You'll find someone. If this guy isn't right, keep looking. Good luck!

• They're out there. But difficult to find...

• If I really thought she was the one and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her I'd wait as long as she needed me to

• I personally would wait for the right girl but I would say I'm probably in a minority judging by my friend's seeming opinions

• *raises hand*

• don't let religion stop you from marrying him, you're already 25 and i personally believe girls are better off it they get married earlier, issues crop up later and wouldn't you want to spend the best years of your life with your love?

• its a sin not to so no mater my feeling on the opinion i would wait. but i choose to anyway.

• Well personally a woman who won't consider sex before marriage is probably not going to have much in common with me. It seems rather old-fashioned and religious, which is the opposite of my attitudes.

• very rare
    of course there are virgins out there in your age but majority of them are not virgins by choice

• yes there are other men who wants to wait

• No way! What are you talking about?

• Yes i am willing to wait and i am still virgin and i know there more guys out that there would wait :)

• Definitely, i will. If my girl insists on remaining virgin until marriage, i will. I'm still a virgin and there's nothing wrong with having sex only after marriage. Ur man will be a lucky bastard ;) ... lol , just kidding.
    If u don't see a future with him then y do u still stick to that guy?
    Hope he respects ur religion equally.
    Damn, girls like you are hard to find !
    Good luck !

• Aren't there any single guys in your church? They'd wait, right?

I voted B, in my view sex is an important part of a relationship.

• I am waiting myself.