I wouldn't date him casually, now he won't leave me alone?

Okay so I've been single for a while and recently moved out on my own. I ended up throwing a party and my friend introduced me to one of her guy friends and we hit it off.

We went on a few dates, and then he reveals to me that he's only interested in a "casual relationship." I asked him what it was and he basically said it was a no-commitment relationship where there are no expectations. I definitely DID NOT want that, so I told him that and I broke it off.

Ever since I retracted my interest, he won't stop bombarding me. He keeps begging me to go out with him, but every time I bring up a real relationship, he falls back on this casual relationship idea. I'm not comfortable with a relationship where no one has any commitment and you aren't allowed to have expectations, I feel like he might just want to be friends with benefits but won't tell me.

So what do I do? Do I just give into the casual relationship idea or stick by my choice and only seek a real relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't settle, you'll just get hurt if your emotional needs aren't being met. Think about it, you've said what you are looking for in a relationship. He says he doesn't want what you want. And he keeps pushing, harder and harder, for you to give up what you want in order to satisfy what he wants. It's insulting. He is saying, flat out, that he doesn't care about your wants, needs, or personality. He wants you to just be ok with him having sex with you on the side while he goes off and does whatever else he wants to do with his life. That's degrading and insulting, and an asshole move.

Stick to your choice. Especially regarding someone who is clearly demonstrating that they don't give a shit about what you want in the first place.

• You're so right! I never even thought about it that way.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't settle for a relationship that isn't what you want.

What Girls Said 0