Girls, Do you prefer to be friends with a guy before you start dating? (For serious relationships potentially leading to marriage)?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I had to force my initial friendship with my boyfriend lol

Like, I was very interested in dating him - flat out decided he'd be my husband just by looking at him. But I forced myself to build a platonic friendship with him first. Spent 4 years focusing on that.

Now I have a rock solid relationship.

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. I have NEVER had a crush (a REAL crush) on any guy that I was not friends with first. I have to get to know the person for a while.

• Yes. I knew my boyfriend for a while before we dated. I think we met in February and didn't date until November.

• Yes, as long as you don't accidentally drop yourself in the friendzone, make sure she's aware that there could be potential but dont let her know everything about you straight away, that way there is still a lot to learn about each other when the relationship gets going

• Yes i wouldn't mind being friends with him first. But not everyone starts off that way. But its a great start.

• If I had it to do over again I would definitely want that. No doubt.

• yeahh, you build a solid foundation-mostly made up of honesty andyou get to understand each other's personality before seeing the romantic side

• To be totally honest... No... If it happens that way, then so be it, but usually? If we started out as friends or there were no intents to date beforehand, there will likely never be any intentions -- On my end.

• Yes, everything starts from friendship tho

• Yes.. i prefer to be friends before dating. Because when u have in a relationship with him or her u will get to know each other well!

• Been more than one relationship, and none of them ever started with a friendship. I love that all new feeling, and it's always fun to be discovering new things aboit your partner and doing couple things too

• Yes i'd prefer to know a guy well before start dating..

• Yes I would :)

• I only dated inside my circle of fiends, so yes.