Age Shouldn't matter?

How do I convince this guy I like that age should not matter? I'm 17 and he is 21. My mom is fine with us being together. He's worried about the "what ifs" and I need to convince him that everything will be fine! Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have him meet your mom to put his mind at ease or least make that offer to him

What Guys Said 5

• As long as it's not more than 10 years difference, then it's fine really. As long as you guys aren't doing any sexual, you guys got nothing to worry about.

• age should matter depending on the context, but i think your case it fine. He just may not think you're mature enough for that kind of relationship

• Tell him everything will be fine. Your mom is great with it. Love knows no number or race.

• Would you date a man who was 15?

• Start unzipping his pants...

What Girls Said 4

• You'll be 18 before you know it.
    Four years isn't way out of your age range.
    The older you get the less of a gap it seems.
    21-25 almost looks like the same thing.

Tell him not to focus so much on age , he's making it a problem when it doesn't have to be.

• All you can do is present him with facts. The facts are, your parent is fine with it, legally the relationship is acceptable in most states, and plenty of people have a 4-year age gap in their relationships.

However it's up to him to decide whether he's fine with dating a high schooler or not. He may be worried that the age gap will create more problems than what it's worth. For example, if he goes out drinking with friends, you can't come. He also may be worried that his friends will tease him for being a college age guy with a high schooler.

• In my opinion, it definitely does matter. How are you going to feel if he wants to go out to a bar/nightclub/stripclub and you can't go, knowing there are girls of his same age group around him having the same experiences? Im not saying you are immature or insecure, just pointing out a major hardship in my eyes.

• But age DOES matter to some people, even if it doesn't matter to you or you don't think it should matter.

He thinks you're too young for him; rejecting you because of your age is completely valid.