Would you consider a long distance relationship?

Say you met the perfect person but they lived on the other side of the world and you couldn't meet up for at least a year. Would you date them still?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but only under exceptional circumstances, and if there is a reasonable possibility of us staying in the same city/country in the near future.

What Guys Said 7

• I have already done that It worked out super well for me

• I say no because I'd never get to see them and seeing them would be very expensive and to see them would be such a huge hurdle. But now on the other hand if she was as pretty as your are, hummm.

• "but they lived on the other side of the world"

"you couldn't meet up for at least a year"

"Would you date them still? "

Translate please.

• If you met someone either on the internet or visiting where you lived and they were going back to their country. But imagine that you couldn't meet in person for at least a year, would the relationship still be worth it? I don't see what's so hard to understand.

• Lol nah you can't beat the sensation of touch

• yes i would, but the other person has to be interested too

• I was going to answer yes but then I saw the update and now I am doubting

• I tried that in my younger years, and it didn't work, so no.

What Girls Said 6

• F*ck no.
    I tried it once and it was a disaster. Spending significant amounts of my free time glued to a screen to upkeep a relationship made me miserable and took away from my quality of life. Missed out on so many great experiences. Pass.

• Probably not, it would be too hard for me and I'd be worried all the time. And probably cry way too much for my own good about how much I miss them.

• Honestly, no. There will be a lot of problems, especially when we can't see each other to communicate. Yes we can talk through phone, social sites, do video call etc... Still, the real communication contact is always preffered and better.

• If I met them in person and knew who they were and they were the right guy, I would try it as long as there was a reason a probability for us to be together long term.

If I never met them in person I wouldn't know if they were the right person.

• Probably not, no.

• It really depends on the circumstances and likelihood of us living together in the future