I made the biggest mistake and texted him happy birthday. What do I do now?

I have a crush on this guy and sent him a birthday message today via whatsapp. He came online within a few mins after I sent it, read it but didn't respond. I feel like I shouldn't have done it and feel so embarrassed right now.

What should I do now? I'm not gonna text him again and deleted his number, but feel like I look like a fool now.

Most Helpful Guy

• You made 1 MISTAKE IMHO judging from the title alone. That was saying something similar to "HAPPY BDAY" to him on her BDAY. Since it's so GENERIC and he probably has already gotten that message about 50x if not more that day. So you Should have mixed it in with yall's normal convo if you didn't already ^_^.

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_10.gif

What Guys Said 9

• How about you send your special one a meaningful paragraph every now and then.. and they just read it?

Pouring your heart out like that and well not getting acknowledge sucks to be honest.. But I guess that's the price of stepping on the line..
    Usually you don't expect a response.. you just letting them know what's on your head..

Don't over think it.. if I get tons of happy birthday texts of course I might read them.. But I'll be busy with my family our doing something else that I won't be able to reply to some people..

Don't sweat it.. it's worse when you pour your heart out and hitting the send button.. Most of the time those meaningful texts doesn't come with a followup reply

• If he doesn't live under a rock, chances are he has dozens of similar messages via all sorts of channels. And since it's his birthday he may have other things on his mind.

You text him to wish him a happy birthday on his birthday. While relatively meaningless, it's not by any means a mistake. You can still text him other things!

• Does he even know you have his number? In any case, there's nothing wrong with what you did, it's not like you message him something inappropriate or anything or confess your feelings for him.

• Yes, because we went on a date before and kissed. Then I didn't really hear from him but decided to text him happy birthday anyway..

• Oh i c. What went wrong? In any case if he hasn't reach out or anything, then chance are he's not really interested in you or anything. Sorry.

• It's just a birthday text. Chill out

• Wait. Why is this such a big mistake?

• We went on date before and he's ignored me before.. so I knew deep down that I shouldn't have texted him, but ended up doing it anyway

• This isn't real.

• Haha. Maybe he is in shock that you text him? Like he may be trying to figure out what to write back lol.

• That's what I'm hoping but I doubt it lol..

• Don't doubt it! haha

• The sad part is this actually could be a real post but then again no one can be this dumb.

• the down votes lol. This is why i post anonymous people dont like the truth...

• Don't worry about it! You didn't do anything wrong...

What Girls Said 9

• You are over-reacting so much lol, calm down. You said happy birthday. He saw it. Maybe he'll reply later because he's busy now. Maybe not. Some people just read and acknowledge. Though it is always more courteous to thank people.

Either way, it's no reason to never text him again and delete his number. You didn't make a fool of yourself, all you said was happy birthday. That was nice of you. :) So just don't worry so much.

• Why would seing a happy birthday message ever be wrong? Calm down, it's his birthday, he probably gets many messages and doesn't have time to reply right away because he is celebrating. I never have time to reply to all messages on my actual birthday, it takes me up to two days to get back to everyone, so just relax.

• Well, the thing is we went on a date before and after that he started ignoring me.. but thought I'd still be nice and say happy birthday

• Thank you very much for putting me in a better mood :) I think you are right.. I was only being nice and if he can't appreciate that, then he isn't a good person.

• Absolutely! There's nothing wrong with you. Don't ever doubt yourself just because a guy ignores you. And you're welcome!

• I understand how you feel. Don't worry about it, though. He was a deusche for not saying thank you. That's common curtesy regardless of who you are.

• Thank you for putting me in a better mood :)

• You're welcome. And, ignore the jerky comments.

• No worries. You were being nice. Don't do anything rash. :D

• It's only a happy birthday message

• It was just a happy birthday text… Just never text him again. Or just say "oops sorry. Wrong person" then make your best friend pretend it's your birthday make sure he thinks it is

• Nothing wrong with it :) Either you feel something for someone, never tell and basically never take chances and get somewhere;
    Or you do it, and have the possibility of something good comming out of it. And if not, then at least you tried

• Lol i totally understand you, just forget about it.. he's the douche for not responding. Or give him time, he may have just got caught up.

• What he might reply in a while
    Its not a big deal