What would be your reaction if a girl you did or didn't like asked you out?

What would be your reaction if a girl you did or didn't like asked you out? Or more general, what is a guys reaction to when a girl flirts with a guy and he doesn't like her back? Would you still keep her as a friend? Would you feel awkward?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• I would politely turn her down and remain friends if she wanted, but I know her ego may be hurt by the situation. i would feel awkward but i wouldn't feel antipathy towards the girl herself. yes it has happened to me before, and to be honest i was 16 at the time so i reacted way more immaturely than i would in the present day and probably hurt her feelings, or at least made her feel awkward. but it's not something girls dealing with an adult male should worry about, matter of fact, they should be more inclined to ask a guy out than they are, traditional gender roles are regressive in some ways.

What Guys Said 19

• If I don't like the girl, and she flirts with me, then I would just show no reaction, to let her know I'm not interested. In my mind I would hope that she stops.

But if she continues to do it, then I would distance myself from her a little, until she gets the idea.

• And if she asks me out, I would just tell her straight out that I just want to be friends.

On the other hand if it's a girl that I like, I would be all over it.

• Guys don't have women friends the way women define friends. We may be 'friendly" to someone which is very different. I would be "friendly" to everyone that is friendly to me. however, I am not interested in being "friends" to anyone I don't hope to maybe have sex with or be in a relationship with. We stay "friends" with her to stay on her radar. maybe I am in a relationship, or she is, but maybe one day we both aren't. then boom... maybe we hook up. Guys have no interested in being friends in the truest sense of the word unless the guy is gay.

• are most guys like this, i didn't even know that. that's kind of sad actually, considering a lot of my friends are guys.

• only the straight guys. But yes, all the straight guys. they have to deny it because if they said yes are you ever going to blow them? sorry, that is just the way it is. I have no idea why women think men can be "friends". it is insane. We can only be friends if we are in a relationship...

• If I didn't like her and didn't know her and didn't need to know her I would say no.

If it was someone I would have to be around no matter what, I would say sure even if I didn't like them. But I would let them know that I wasn't interested.

If it was someone I liked, I would say yes absolutely

• If i didn't like her: I would say no, but i would still treat her the same way, and stay friendly. I'd leave it up to her wether or not we stay friends. I'd still be flattered regardless.
    If i did like her: Simple- I'd say yes

• A girl, asking me out. Tell me how!!! God I would love to be wooed by a woman rather than the same traditional crap. I want a confident woman to come up to me, say something sexy, and ask me out on a date. I know it will never happen, but a man can dream!!!

• Positive either way unless she was a close friend. I'd probably still talk to her. He may start to like you if you go for someone else though.

• I'd give her a chance either way. But yeah also shocked

• I'd flatly say no.

• My reaction would be either "wow, cool" or "how do I say no without ruining our friendship?"

• "Lol I'm flattered but I can't go on a date until after the Rockets are eliminated from the playoffs sorry girl. Here have some popcorn.

• I'd keep her as a friend in any case. If I like her efforts and enthusiasm i'd definitely give her a shot.

• I luv dat shiat 😚

• To be honest I wasn't sure women even asked out men. Either way I would be shocked if it happened that a woman asked me out. I would nearly be so shocked I wouldn't know what to say. I didn't think girls ever did that.

• I'd probably say yes just for the experience, unless I really disliked her.

• I'd offer to send her some nudes. If she liked them i'f offer to bone her

• Currently. I like my freedom and is not interested in any long term relationships.

• I would just act normal like nothing happened.

• I'd go out and talk to her personally over a dinner or something and tell her whatever I feel for her...
    And yeah I'll treat her as a friend while being even more careful to not to hurt her untill she has moved on to someone else you know
    And won't be awkward at all

• When i was on holiday a girl came up to me and it made a change for me and would be great had i got know her better and that she wasn't engaged.