Do women date for a free meal?

I have been on several dates lately and I ask these women how many dates they have been on, most say "countless", which makes me wonder if there is a certain group of women not interested in sex or a relationship and just like a night of a good conversation associated with a free meal and drinks. I am beginning to wonder if I can afford dating.

I feel it is my duty as a gentleman who is looking for a potential long lasting relationship to show a little chivalry and pay for the meal. I know the right woman will take notice and appreciate it (or a gold digger) only time will tell on the latter.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure some do, but I don't know anyone that does that. Women go on dates looking for a connection. Many times, they expect it right off the bat and never go out with a guy again when it doesn't happen. I don't understand that because most people are nervous when going on a first date. It's bound to not be perfect. You should at least go on two or three dates with a person to learn more about them before making that decision. UNLESS, it is REALLY bad and y'all have absolutely nothing in common or to talk about. Or if one or the other is disrespectful, rude, etc.

• Than again, I don't date. Lol. I have too much else to do to spend it going out with guys who are only looking to get laid. I rarely come across guys who are sincerely looking for a relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• Some bitches do. I don't. I actually have paid for more dates than I have had dates that have been paid for, for me.

• I date in order to have a good time with someone and get to know them better. I typically pay for my own meal unless the guy absolutely insists, so.. no, I don't date for a free meal.

• No ! I don't , but I have heard some women brag about it. For first dates you should start just doing coffee and a brief meeting of an hour. That way if you or she isn't feeling it you are not stuck paying or sitting through a whole meal. If you two are connecting that hour can always be extended and a meal offered on a 2nd date!

What Guys Said 11

• Some do xD Some women when they are low on money they go on dates to have free meals xD
    Obviously those are just few women, but it happens.

• free meal? guys don'tpay 4 girls' stuff in our days u know...

• I will give you a similar question: Do guys buy food and gifts and drinks because they are looking for a hook-up? Shallow girls go with shallow guys. Usually, it is the shallow guy who loses in this, unless he is smart and very deceptive. That is why I never go to bars or clubs.

• Don't pay for a meal, unless you're already in a sexual relationship with her. Until then, she can pay her own way.
    You should be taking turns at paying for things.

• Ya some girls use guys like it is a game, but the innocent ones are the ones that won't use you

• some do, i'd bet. they're fuckers though. or ask them to split it.

• Enough do. to make it a stereotype.

• I pay because I am a baller and it's more blessed to give than to receive.

• I wouldn't expect women your age (or even 10 years younger) to know how many dates they'd been on. Who would keep track of that?

I think some do see it as a free meal though.

• He's 36, not 90. Senility has not set in yet. Lol.

• @crystalt70 Do you know how many dates you've been on? (He said dates, not how many people they've dated.)

• Ego massage and free meal, potentially meet a handsome prince to sweep them off their feet and keep them happily ever after, that's why they date. If it looks like they aren't interested or you think they are stringing you along, make them pay half!