Is it fair to ask women who expect men to be chivalrous to follow this guide?

http://pitalli.hubpages.com/hub/The-Good-Housewifes-Guide

I mean it's basically the female equivalent to men having to be chivalrous.

• Yes, doing things for your significant others goes both ways
    43% (3)80% (4)58% (7)Vote
  • No (explain)
    29% (2)20% (1)25% (3)Vote
  • Other
    28% (2)0% (0)17% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that both people in a relationship should just like... treat each other well and do nice things for each other?

Crazy idea, I know.

I noticed one of the points was "20. She is heterosexual.", so I could never be a good wife, even if I wanted to be.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's a really dated guide I know.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• not really. Chivalry to me is just a sign of courtesy, or having thoughtfulness to your fellow man. It's not something that should be overdone, but I don't have a huge problem with it. Giving girls some 1950's guide on how to be a slave woman is not my idea of an equivalent expectation

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fair to want your partner to be happy, and to do their best to make you happy. But it has to be win-win.

So no, I'm not in favor of these outdated codes for how to be a "good" representative for your gender. They are all about social control.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but they better act like a lady and not a "hood rat" or white trash, if they expect a man to be a gentleman to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • no one cares tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes if they expect men to abide by anachronistic protocols then they can do it too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since "chivalry" in this day and age has basically been relegated to "open doors", the answer to your question is "No, that would be fucking ridiculous".

1|0
    0|0