Guys, does he like me or is it about sex?

Right after meeting me he told me he liked me right away and he was surprised by it.
We laugh a lot together, he thinks I'm funny and fun. He opened up to me very quickly and said he doesn't know why he did but he felt comfortable doing it.
He has met my family and makes time to see me.
We've made plans and stuff like things we want to do together.

But I feel like he only thinks with one head at a time.
He usually doesn't touch me first, I typically break the touch barrier but he always initiatives the kissing. Once we are laying down and cuddling he is nonstop kissing and groping and all that and its hard to have a real conversation because he's in sex mode or whatever. We've only ever kissed though. We haven't gone further.

But he compliments my body a lot and often says "you're driving me crazy" or "you're frustrating me" when I'm cuddling with him or kissing him. But he has said more than once that he isn't trying to get in my pants right now and that he would want to wait. His actions seem to indicate otherwise but I think he just gets too excited but I can't tell.

One thing he said that rubbed me the wrong way was when I told him "patience young one" when he was waiting for me to get home so I could see him and he said "haha I have to have a ton with you" and this was after the night he'd said he'd wait to have sex with me if we seriously dated.

but usually when we're not horizontal he is more of a gentleman. Seems more interested in me and not my body. He's 17, I'm 18, so could it just be that he can't think with both heads at the same time or is he more interested in sex than in a relationship or what?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you may need to read you own post here. Either way, you need to understand he is a guy and we are two completely different creatures. Women are 'emotionally motivated' creatures where as men are 'physical/visually motivated' creatures. This explains why there are more male architects and more female nurses. Back to what I was saying about reading your own post, you initiate the physical so he assumes you are wanting to be physical at that moment. If you try to kiss and THEN talk, you're going to confuse the whiz out of him. If you want to talk, then talk; if you want to be physical then be physical. This is not to say that he cannot or will never learn to do both but at 17yrs old he is operating on hormones ONLY. Stop watching sappy love movies and pay attention to what is going on right in front of you. Finally, don't expect him to discern or learn via thought reading osmosis. Tell him what you want while you're not kissing and give him the opportunity to learn, adapt, and meet your desires.

What Guys Said 7

• He sounds like a normal 17 year old that is doing his best to not mess things up by being a bag of hormones , but at the same time want you to know he is interested in you.

• A young guy cannot like you. He does not know you. He thinks you are that body. A young guy just does not know what love is. He may love the sex you provide but knows nothing about loving you. Girls are the same but diffrent, you love the image and not the guy.

• "haha I have to have a ton with you" - Doesn't fucking mean fucking anything. Stop finding patterns between two non-relevant things

By the way, guy sounds like me when I was younger

• He's a guy. He is really interested in you sexually. You said that he acts like a gentleman when you are not intimate, so to answer your question: he wants sex just as much as any guy his age. So, if you are offended by that, then break it off. Just looking at posts like these make me wonder why you children should be spooning and kissing in the first place. If you are doing those things, you will eventually have sex, and yet you are complaining about it. If you don't want to do it, stop putting yourself in a position for temptation for yourself and for him.

• "You will eventually have sex"
      exactly. Eventually. Not right now. I want to wait.
      His temptation doesn't bother me. I'm simply asking if he actually likes me

• Well yeah... that's why I'm waiting..

• Then you already know what to do, then.

• He's a little disconnected and doesn't want to disappoint you. So he double heads and goes at your advancement. He is trying hard to think of ways that psychologically makes you think he is the best when really he could just relax with you and take things with you.

• If he doesn't go out with you in public/ask you on dates/just has sex with you at home, he's just in to the sex. Guys, if they like you, will want to show you off

• If all he wanted was sex, he would have disappeared a long time ago. He has feelings for you as a person, but he's also a horny teenage guy. Those aren't mutually exclusive things.

• This is only been going on for about a week lol. We're dating not in a relationship as of yet.