Do guys have to ALWAYS ask woman out and do you expect a guy to do this every time?

I am just curious if 9 times out of 10 that a guy is expected by a woman to ask a woman out.

• Yes, men should always do the work.
  • No, woman are expected of this too, sometimes.
Yeah for sure. If any woman here are reading this, if you really like a guy and want him to ask you out, and he's not budging, you might have to make the first mood. Aside from that, everyone's situation is different. Everyone's opinion is different. And lastly, not everyone is able to make the first move. I understand, it's all good.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not answering the poll because I don't think either of the answers are appropriate. I think that guys are expected to do most of the asking out, however girls do ask sometimes - however these cases are because she likes a guy (and not because she feels social pressure do do a share of the asking).

• This is what I mean. Guys are expected. Woman expect. For grins, let's have a guy create a POF account and see how many msgs he gets in a week. Then get a woman to do the same thing. The difference is ten fold, the woman gets dozens of more messages. But anyways, the reality is this, and we just have to deal with it. I do agree that I see more woman asking men out. Great. Plus, I'm not a pussy or anything but I hate how this is the way things are, it's so stupid.

• I only find it annoying when a girl really really likes someone, but STILL expects him to ask her out.

What Girls Said 9

• Noo... its shouldn't be only men who ask women out. Women keep whining that they're not treated as equally as men but say that men should text first, ask her out, pay for the date, tell her they like her first etc...
    I believe that women should man up and ask a guy out if she likes him. The guy shouldn't always have this pressure on him that it's expected from him to do everything first.
    It's just not fair enough.

• Depends if the girl is traditional or not. Personally. I'm somewhat traditional in my ways but if the guy isn't going to budge, or is just shy/timid, I'll take it upon myself to ask first.

• Know. I think females are asking guys out a lot more now then they did in the past... best believe if he doesn't ask me then i will just ask him..

• i feel like the only reason women don't ask guys out and that guys have to all the work is because its awkward for us, we have no idea how to start it, what to say, like we know all the cliché lines but we feel if a girl asks that there's a higher chance we could be turned down, I don't know its a girls things from what i know, i could be wrong.

• It's awkward for men too, and I actually believe that women would get turned down less, mainly because men aren't used to be approached by women, so they will be happy to talk to the ones that approach.
      I know that if a girl approaches me, she'll instantly win like 1000 points xD

• It's expected but men don't have to do it if they don't want to. Everyone has a choice.

• The only reason I expect someone else to ask me out is because I'm really awkward and embarrassed when it comes to it. It has nothing to do with gender

• You mean as the first step or after the first date? I wouldn't ask a guy out first but maybe after the 4th-5th date.

• Really depends on the girl. If it's someone like me, they'll ask you out. I hate being asked out. I always ask the guy out.

• Immature Q
    but some of us DO grab a gold ring (of a guy) from time-time

What Guys Said 5

• There are more women making moves nowadays. I even hear other women actually complain about it. I guess it makes em feel threatened.

There is nothing wrong with it. Any guy who dates a girl who is adamant about guys making the first move will feel like he has a daughter and not a girlfriend anyway.

• The problem is that the guys who complain about having to do all of the work with women will be the same guys who will unfortunately call these women desperate, or whore or something. It's sad really.

I for one would admire a woman's independence and courage if one were to come forward.

• If u want something, go get it!

Most women are in demand enough that if you don't make a move on her... someone else will.

----

HOWEVER... if a girl is into a guy and the guy isn't fully aware (we can be dense-headed when it comes to females dropping hints), I see no reason why she can't make a move. :-P

• Technically nobody HAS to do anything but if you want a girl your odds are better if you take initiative rather than hoping she decides to make a move.

• I think girls should ask guys out all the time ;)