Would you date a vegetarian or vegan?

Girls, would you date a vegetarian or vegan? Would knowing that a guy doesn't eat meat make you less (or more) attracted to him, or would it irrelevant? I'm vegetarian for animal welfare reasons and I wonder if it turns some girls off when I tell them. I guess caring about others (and animals in particular) isn't particularly manly, is being compassionate in that way a bad thing?

So would you date a vegetarian or vegan.

• I would date a vegetarian, but not a vegan. I'm vegetarian.
  • I would date a vegetarian, but not a vegan. I'm a meat eater.
  • It's not important to me. I'm a vegetarian/vegan myself.
  • It's not important to me. I would date a vegetarian or vegan. I'm a meat eater.
  • I wouldn't date someone who doesn't eat meat.
  • I don't eat meat and wouldn't date someone who does.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care as long as he doesn't get on my case for liking meat or eating it in front of him. If he makes me nervous and makes me feel like I can't be who I wanna be because I don't wanna make him annoyed or something then it's a no for me.
    Also I would hate it if he started pushing his ideas on me.

• So you wouldn't think less of him provided he didn't mention it too much? You wouldn't think him less manly?

• Okay, hopefully most girls see it that way. I just thought being caring might be seen as effeminate.

Anyway, thanks for answering.

• If they think of you as any different obliviously they aren't worth your time (:

No problem~

What Girls Said 6

• I'm vegetarian so I'm gonna be soooooo much more attracted to a guy if he's vegetarian or vegan. I'd definitely prefer to date a vegan/vegetarian guy, I don't think it's unmanly, it's pretty damn sexy.

• I would definitely date a vegetarian and I would respect you by eating food you will eat, until I'm not around you.

• That's considerate, though I can tolerate my friends eating meat in front of me.

What if your relationship got more serious and you were living with a vegetarian?

• Okay, anyway thanks for answering.

• I don't find that a turn off as long as they are okay with me eating meat that's fine I would be impressed that they are so committed to it

• I voted E.

• Presumably you eat meat yourself? Why would you not? Would you think less of him because of it, or would it just make things inconvenient being with someone who's always eating differently from you?

• So it's more to do with inconvenience with meals is it?

• yeah pretty much :p

• Since he's OK with me being addicted to pizza and chicken, yeah. I don't really mind. :)

• yep ı would

What Guys Said 5

• So long as she's cool with me eating dead animals burnt over a fire and doesn't ever give me shit about it/try to convert me to vegetablism, I'm fine with it.

• "Vegetarian" doesn't mean eating only vegetables.

• It's not derived from the word "vegetable".

What are you on about with "vegetablism" then?

• It's called a sense of humour, I'm not surprised you don't recognize it.

• Yeah I'm a vegan so no problems there. I don't mind if she isn't I guess. As long as she isn't always telling me that I need meat to survive and all that. I've been surviving without it for years :/

• Do you want children? Would you be happy your partner wanted to raise them eating meat?

• I don't know. Why is it right for her to tell them what to eat but I can't? I really don't know. No I wouldn't be happy but I'd just have to accept it I guess.

• Yeah I suppose. Anyway, thanks for answering.

• Wouldn't care unless it was affecting her health in a tangible way.

• I wouldn't because they will likely try to convert me to vegetarian, and I won't do it

• I would aim to date a vegetarian / vegan just to help switch my diet out.

• I'm not sure I follow you? You eat meat but would prefer to date a girl who doesn't?

• Yeah. I'm trying to switch to a vegetarian diet, though is more difficult since I live with family who doesn't.

• Oh okay, that makes sense then I guess.