Is personality all you actually look for?

This has been an argument that continues between the people I know and myself. I keep telling them that appearance plays a big part in a relationship, but no one listens. They say all that matters is personality, but if you really think about it, you've got to be attracted to your SO otherwise you wouldn't be with them, have a crush on them, or be interested in them. Am I right? What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• personality is not all that matters. physical appearance plays a huge role. i mean if you meet someone for the first time, you are attracted to their appearance, not their personality because you guys just met.

What Guys Said 12

• I am not going to lie looks matter to everyone to some degree, including myself. Those who say looks do not matter at all are lying because it is natural to be attracted to good looking people. I mean think about when you first see a guy or girl you can't judge them on their personality at the very start because you have no idea what their personality is like so you judge on looks. Everyone does this even the ones that say they don't. This does not mean looks are the only thing that matters to you which is what so many people tend to think. It is only once you get to know a person you can start judging them on their personality. I think your friend is confusing the issue, she thinks that you think that the only thing that matters is looks and that is not what you're saying. You're saying looks play a big part and that is the truth. Many people will not admit that but it is true. I fully understand what you are saying and you are correct not her.

This is what I understand you think:

"Looks play a big part in a relationship and attracting someone but they are not everything. I feel you think that personality is most important but you can't deny that looks play a big part and people that are good looking find it easier attracting people. I also think that you think if someone treats you badly you should not stay with them because they are hot."

The above statement is what I understand you think and you are correct not your friend.

• I need personality and not just looks. You can be drop dead gorgeous but if you have a bad personality then it's a no go.

• personally i care about looks as well tbh

• Personality is very important for a lasting realtionship. You have to be compatible. But anyone that tells you that physical appearance doesn't come into play is not telling the truth. Itis what initially draws yu to them.. Without the physical, when will you learn about the personality.

• There is no such thing as a beautiful personality; it's better to be lenient on looks and just agreeable.

Everyone's ugly on the inside.

• No personality matters more but looks do count too

• Honestly no... But I care about it more than the look

• What those people are saying is bs and they know it. No one wants to be real anymore. The reality is Looks is first and then Personality. Why do you think so many girls are attracted to jerks and guys are attracted to bitches?

• Personality is of no concern to me.

• It's 95% of what gets my johnson to flag-pole status

• Relationship is all about personality. If your personalities don't match, you can be top models but you won't last together.

Finding someone to date with is a different story though, and physical attraction plays a very big part in that.

• It's a bit of both actually personality and appearance,

What Girls Said 1

• no. I look for an attractive face, good hair, and fit body. then I get to know the guy and decide whether or not I actually like HIM.