Girls, how much do you know about autism?

and what would you think or say if a autistic guy was interested in you

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with guy with similar "problems"

• Does he have as perverse syndrome

• Yes, and others

• Yeah cause I have always thought about this a lot of girls think I'm attractive but it very clear I'm different and u have always wondered if that would kill my chances of relationship

What Girls Said 7

• I know a lot about the spectrum. My goal is to be an aba therapist in college while persuing an unrelated field. Austism research should really be better funded. Something like $6 billion is available and only 0.4 % of that is used. If a guy with autism approached me with interest, I would react normally, he would be treated no differently than others in my peer group (s).

• The lack of social skills can make it difficult to have a relationship, yes. I'd be concerned he wouldn't be able to understand my feelings and/or how I might be hurt by words or actions in certain circumstances. Not understanding social cues is a big deal in a relationship, and as a fairly sensitive person, it might not go over well with me.

• An old friend of mine had Asperger's syndrome so I know how hard it is socially for them. There's nothing wrong with it at all, their brains just work a little differently than others. I'd be flattered if an autistic guy was into me, just like I would be with any other guy.

• People think and see it as a disability or something contagious. What they don't understand is that Autistic people basically have trouble socialising and often are very intelligent

• I know that is it a disorder where people see things differently. They are more self absorbed, struggle with empathy, don't have very good social skills, are very fixated on certain things, and they are on a broad spectrum, which can range from very high functioning (being about to live alone and have a job and having normal or above average intelligence), to low functioning (being unable to speak, not toilet trained, and very spacey).
    If an autistic guy was interested in me, I would be flattered. If they were high functioning enough (dating someone that was low-functioning would be taking advantage) and I was into him and he was a good guy then yes, I'd go for it.

• It's part of a wide range of neurodevelopmental disorders.
    I'd try to be friendly, but not go further. I'm into girls, that's why.

• what I know about autism that people with autism can't make eye contact and they can't talk and they make sounds