Is it a bad sign if a guy leaves after 45 min on the 1st date?

We met on OkCupid & he asked to meet up for coffee. We met in person today & he was very nice, but there were a number of awkward silences (I was pretty nervous)... he also had a strange sense of humor & I didn't get a lot of his jokes. I was trying my best to keep the conversation going but he just stood up & said he had to go 45 min into it (after giving me a hug). I was really disappointed bc we have a high match % & get along so well online. Also I've met quite a few guys from online dating, and all the first dates lasted at least 1.5 hrs.. this is the 1st one that's lasted shorter than an hour. Anyways, is this a bad sign?

Nope he didn't mention wanting to see me again.. tbh he asked me a lot of strange questions that weirded me out, so maybe it's best if I don't hear from him again

47

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but it wasn't necessarily your fault. The awkward silences were a good indication of the fact you probably don't match as well as okcupid predicted.

What Guys Said 6

• Would be an indication he doesn't like you that way unless he gave a particular reason (emergency)? And that he made it clear he wanted to see you again.

As for the awkward silences, I doubt that plays any part. It's more likely he didn't find you physically attractive.

• "On paper" compatibility and IRL connection are two different things. I'm thinking you're good. You can ask for a second date but at this point, I wouldn't stress about it.

• Maybe he had to go someplace?

• It's a horrible sign.

• Yeah. Guys have a pretty low bar.

• what strange questions.. ?

What Girls Said 4

• If the convo wasn't flowing then it probably wasn't gonna work.

It's a bad sign but you'll find someone better

• Did he indicate that he wanted to see u again?

• Lmao OK Cupid is a bad place to meet guy to begin with lol

• Yea, that is a very bad sign.