Moving the relationship too fast a sign of insecurity?

Examples include saying "I love you", etc etc to someone who only just met you and saw you as a friends with benefits . Then making advances too fast from there and the girl follows along liking the attention/feeling loved yet secretly resenting the advances. Then expressing his desire for an engagement, and she said she needs more space and he gets all scared thinking she would leave him.

To me that's a sign of low confidence/needy behavior. What do you think guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like that guy is very immature. Honestly the biggest thing I have learned from my serious relationships is that time and titles are irrelevant. What you see in the movies about how dating and relationships are suppose to be is hog wash. Just chuck it out the window. Saying I love you is pointless, saying we are bf/gf or married is pointless. It is all just symantics and titles you put on something so you can feel better and more justified in it. That being said its fine to have those things and you totally should at some point. But many younger daters get so wrapped up in the idea of dating and love the way hollywood shows it. They think you "NEED" to be bf/gf, say I love you, get married. When in reality all you "NEED" are the actions to prove you feel that way without those titles or steps. That is whats important. Rushing those other steps is not only unnecessary but immature. Just slow down because if it is the love of your life doing those things sooner is not going to matter in most cases and if it is not the love of your life than it will not matter at all. Also until the day you die you have no idea who that one probably was. Focus on the here and now and doing the right thing instead of titling it and labeling it.

What Girls Said 3

• sounds like the guy is pretty insecure to me. and clingy.

• Why rush? Time is irrelevant.

• The problem with boning is, you became detached and she gained feelings. Typical friends with benefits

What Guys Said 0